Is Distilled Water and Vinegar a Good Radiator Cleaner?

gtr2244

I just cleaned my custom loop with Primochill, the mixture has been sitting for about 1 year, it cleaned the cpu block but my tubes still have a yellowish tint. I'm wondering if I should soak the radiator and replace the tubes also. Last time I cleaned my pc and loop was 6 months ago. The Primochill worked well.

My radiator is a Corsair 240mm x 40mm. Not sure what the material is. Or if you have a system cleaner you can recommend or I might try a new Primochill cleaner bottle.

https://i.imgur.com/M75qTWf.jpg?1

Thats what happens with that tubing it it gets some sunlight and also just time.

You are cleaning your loop quite often I hope you know you dont need to do that that often.

Like if you use clear liquid with biocide and anti corrosion 5 years is fine

Plastic can discolor with age. Exposure to UV and chemicals also discolors it. If you are noticing cracking or brittleness, then replace the tubes, otherwise it should be OK. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

5 years? I cleaned the fluid because Primochill recommended every 6 months. My tubes aren't even that old, maybe a year. The sunlight doesn't reach the inside. I can remove this tint by cleaning it with a cloth at the end, something from the cooling liquid? Checkout the image I posted the link above.

I just watched a video and they mentioned Primochill does leave behind sediment in the radiator and blocks, I need to try another coolant. Maybe EKWB.

It's either from the fluid or biofilm in that case. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂