Rog phone 5 has not recieved a single update since android 11, whilst some are recieving 13.

Justagaming

This is a stock android 11 rog phone 5. would anyone know if there is a reason I do not recieve updates anymore?

Rog 5 android 11.png

Seems like Android 13 was rolled out in April, but they are going in batches so not everyone will get it around the same time. You might just be unlucky right now?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Do not buy gamer phones if you intend to receive updates.

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

6 minutes ago, Fred Castellum said:

Seems like Android 13 was rolled out in April, but they are going in batches so not everyone will get it around the same time. You might just be unlucky right now?

Yeah, however android 12 has been released for a while and the phone doesn't even have the option to update to it.

5 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Do not buy gamer phones if you intend to receive updates.

I don't intend for frequent updates whatsoever... Just basic updates that come out whenever

2 minutes ago, Justagaming said:

Yeah, however android 12 has been released for a while and the phone doesn't even have the option to update to it.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/rog phone 5 (zs673ks)/helpdesk_bios/

Manually download the firmware for Android 13 here on the ASUS website, put the file in the root directory and update it there. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

1 hour ago, Fred Castellum said:

Manually download the firmware for Android 13 here on the ASUS website, put the file in the root directory and update it there. 

got the file downloaded, but How do I install this file now through the root directory. is there a tutorial for doing this that I could find anywhere?

3 hours ago, Fred Castellum said:

Sorry but I don't know how to do this, is there any tutorial video you could recommend me? or just a simple step guide with any programs I may need beforehand in order to do this.

22 minutes ago, Justagaming said:

Sorry but I don't know how to do this, is there any tutorial video you could recommend me? or just a simple step guide with any programs I may need beforehand in order to do this.

The instructions are on the firmware description, and also on the ASUS website: https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1009748/ 

28 minutes ago, Fred Castellum said:

The instructions are on the firmware description, and also on the ASUS website: https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1009748/ 

It's giving me an error for the past 30 minutes now. I got it to download via pc though. and I'm using the correct SKU 

Just now, Justagaming said:

It's giving me an error for the past 30 minutes now. I got it to download via pc though. and I'm using the correct SKU 

Screenshot_20230512-232901184.jpg

You might have to do a hardware reset of your phone, back up important files. Do a clean reset of the phone then try updating it again, make sure your connected to the internet(though manual update it shouldn't matter).

56 minutes ago, Fred Castellum said:

You might have to do a hardware reset of your phone, back up important files. Do a clean reset of the phone then try updating it again, make sure your connected to the internet(though manual update it shouldn't matter).

reset it and its throwing the same error 😕

1 minute ago, Justagaming said:

reset it and its throwing the same error 😕

Ok this is going to be really annoying, but I believe in your case you need to do the firmware updates in order from the first one to latest one your trying to update to now. Go the ASUS firmware download page, and hit show all to see all the previous versions. Start from the first one, and keep updating till the newest one. If this fails then reset the phone, and do the automatic update on the phone. Then proceed to start from the first firmware update again to the latest. 

37 minutes ago, Fred Castellum said:

Ok this is going to be really annoying, but I believe in your case you need to do the firmware updates in order from the first one to latest one your trying to update to now. Go the ASUS firmware download page, and hit show all to see all the previous versions. Start from the first one, and keep updating till the newest one. If this fails then reset the phone, and do the automatic update on the phone. Then proceed to start from the first firmware update again to the latest. 

i guess i'll give it a shot, I'll put my data back on the phone first since it's mostly finished and I'll update you tmrw since I don't feel like finishing this right now. Thanks for the help though.