Games crashing / freezing within 2 minutes on new PC

39benj

Recently put together a build; B550M DS3H, R5 5600x, RTX 3060, 16GB Ripjaws V 3600, 700w PSU.

Every time I load up a game, within the first 2 minutes ill either get a BSOD (VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR) or the game (CSGO) will freeze but will continue to play while the screen is frozen.

I bought all parts new except for the 3060 and the RAM. Please tell me this is a software issue and not a hardware issue, I've tried downloading all the latest CPU, GPU and BIOS updates, I've tried fresh installs of Windows and still nothing. I have no idea what to do next, I need help. Is there anything more that I can do? ie; downloading a specific driver or updating to a specific version? 

PC runs completely fine while using for general use, problems arise when Gaming. I havent overclocked anything, just switched to XMP profile 1 in BIOS.

If anyone can give me any suggestions or help, I would greatly appreciate it. I really dont want to have to bring it to a computer shop and pay loads of money to fix it.

2 hours ago, 39benj said:

Recently put together a build; B550M DS3H, R5 5600x, RTX 3060, 16GB Ripjaws V 3600, 700w PSU.

Every time I load up a game, within the first 2 minutes ill either get a BSOD (VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR) or the game (CSGO) will freeze but will continue to play while the screen is frozen.

I bought all parts new except for the 3060 and the RAM. Please tell me this is a software issue and not a hardware issue, I've tried downloading all the latest CPU, GPU and BIOS updates, I've tried fresh installs of Windows and still nothing. I have no idea what to do next, I need help. Is there anything more that I can do? ie; downloading a specific driver or updating to a specific version? 

PC runs completely fine while using for general use, problems arise when Gaming. I havent overclocked anything, just switched to XMP profile 1 in BIOS.

If anyone can give me any suggestions or help, I would greatly appreciate it. I really dont want to have to bring it to a computer shop and pay loads of money to fix it.

Hey, 

i would make sure the GPU is seated correctly and the power cables connected fully.

try to run ddu and see if this helps

did you notice any spikes in temperature?

GPU issue. Could be driver, overheating, physical defect in the card, bad seat in the pci slot, or anything else. 

reseat it first

check temps

underclock it with msi afterburner to see if that helps stop the crashing

report back and we’ll see about next steps