AMD and other drivers with error sign

Nitay_Ma

Hello, this is my first time building a PC and I have encountered some problems in windows.

I am not sure if it affects anything at all but I have had a crash and want to make sure it isn't related.

When I access Windows Device Manager (Windows 11), I see some drivers with a small error sign next to them (will attach pics as examples) and each one has a reason stated in properties. I have tried already updating the drivers via the option in Device Manager but didn't find any update available.

The Drivers with errors are:

Security Devices > AMD PSP 11.0 Device ---> reason in "Device Status": 

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

image.png.81605f811ce15062dcdcc481c9ec8dc9.png

image.png.6083efe27f2cdb3f5a250428ad9134dd.png

Storage Controllers > Asmedia 106x SATA Controller ---> reason in "Device Status": 

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

image.png.019306477ff7c93f88e469673e1198dc.png

image.png.1606a3d69319862b14f126ed88cee750.png

Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) ---> reason in "Device Status":

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

This USB seems to be a Disk On Key stick I have loaded with a windows 11 image (created with windows media creation tool) which I think sometime was recognized which is pretty weird.

Would love any help on this issue and will provide more details if needed.

My specs:

Motherboard: Asus ROG x670e Hero

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700x

CPU Cooler is enough, and by what I've seen in aida64 keeps things cool

RAM: Dual G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5 6400

Storage: WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe SSD 2000GB

PSU: Corsair HX1200

GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti

image.png

Those are likely included in your motherboards Chipset driver install package. https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-x670e-hero-model/helpdesk_download/

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Update:

After using the site suggested by @Skiiwee29 and installing the problematic drivers the problem unfortunately persists

Another Update:

After updating the BIOS version to the latest stable build, the AMD PSP driver error disappeared.

The Asmedia still has the same error

The USB loaded with Windows installation media still isn't recognized.

• 4 weeks later...

I am still having this error with AMD PSP 11.0 driver myself, and I've updated the chipset drivers twice now. I've looked in BIOS but not able to really find anything that I know relates to this device.

I'm running a 7700x with Asrock PRO RS x670e board.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same error  and have had to replace the PSP 11 to psp 10 driver that has cleared the problem but still no reason for the fault this is on an Asrock x670E Lighting along with AMD 7900X would be interesting to find out what causes this and how to fix it fully. the other thing I keep getting up is an error with the onboard VGA of the 7900x

• 1 month later...

Having the same issue with my Ryzen 7800X3D X670E Taichi Carrara. Updated chipset and drivers but can´t get rid of this error, unless I roll back to version 10.0