Huge problem Windows 11 RTX 4070 brand new Build

Go to solution Solved by Albatrox,

Back again with a update so it did it again with the 531.58 and it crash again when I launch a 3dMark and after, unable to boot got the same blue dot on the top left of my screen but windows is login in, I can hear it.. so now i just put my GTX 1070 ti without doing a DDU and wow its working as it should so 4070 need to RMA I guess. 

• Hello so now ive been trying to figure out what is going on cause nothing make sence anymore, I just build a Asus prime Z590-a  i7 10700kf 32gb of ram and a RTX 4070 RM850x, I test it was working like a charm did some 3Dmark got great scores with it and after updating all the Intel chipset with the Asus armory crate to have the right driver then did some more 3dmark no problem then i try to launch Cyberpunk it crash but no BSOD the windows was still running I just press the power button and it shutdown normally but now when im trying to restart im not even getting to the login screen it just freeze the screen freeze I can see there is some activities on the drive cause of the light on the case and every time I just shut it down and try again and sometimes it just show a black screen with blue turquoise dot on top left of the screen and the windows act as normal. I did try to restore point on the windows 11 it work then did the same thing when I try launching Cyberpunk it freeze my screen the same way no BSOD no error just freezing on me.
  • Now im out of option I cant use the PC anymore if I change something like turning on or off XMP bar resize 4g decode it make windows 11 boot but as soon I interact with something it freeze even on the restore point wich was good but now not so good anymore still having the problem cant check in device manager if the driver got removed or not cause the screen froze when I click the search icon.
  • Anyway I did some research finding out that im not alone to have this problem but nobody have a solution seems to me a weird bug with brand new GPU on windows 11. What should I do im scared to put the card on my actual rig and get my windows 10 broken or something. Maybe I can try to install windows 10 and see what's up but if anyone have a fix please do tell me. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Albatrox said:

Hello so now ive been trying to figure out what is going on cause nothing make sence anymore, I just build a Asus prime Z590-a  i7 10700kf 32gb of ram and a RTX 4070 RM850x, I test it was working like a charm did some 3Dmark got great scores with it and after updating all the Intel chipset with the Asus armory crate to have the right driver then did some more 3dmark no problem then i try to launch Cyberpunk it crash but no BSOD the windows was still running I just press the power button and it shutdown normally but now when im trying to restart im not even getting to the login screen it just freeze the screen freeze I can see there is some activities on the drive cause of the light on the case and every time I just shut it down and try again and sometimes it just show a black screen with blue turquoise dot on top left of the screen and the windows act as normal. I did try to restore point on the windows 11 it work then did the same thing when I try launching Cyberpunk it freeze my screen the same way no BSOD no error just freezing on me. Now im out of option I cant use the PC anymore if I change something like turning on or off XMP bar resize 4g decode it make windows 11 boot but as soon I interact with something it freeze even on the restore point wich was good but now not so good anymore still having the problem cant check in device manager if the driver got removed or not cause the screen froze when I click the search icon. Anyway I did some research finding out that im not alone to have this problem but nobody have a solution seems to me a weird bug with brand new GPU on windows 11. What should I do im scared to put the card on my actual rig and get my windows 10 broken or something. Maybe I can try to install windows 10 and see what's up but if anyone have a fix please do tell me. Thanks.

Alright now it seems to work without any intel drivers install at all I did play cyberpunk with rtx and everything on ultra worked flawless the gpu was at 55c. Even if it did the freezing problem twice  when just I just open task manager and second was when I was downloading cyberpunk wich was actually transfering fom my main PC so even if the screen was freeze I knew it was still transfering cause it was still sending it. Anyway I still cant let it be like this.

20230510_054708.jpg

20230510_054502.jpg

2 minutes ago, offweek said:

When it 'freezes' does the sound keep playing like normal?

Your post would be easier to read if you used line breaks.

yeah my bad about the post but yeah everything is normal when it freeze only the screen is affected windows still run like if nothing happen 

Roll back the nvidia driver by a couple of months. I remember someone else having issues with the current driver. Start windows in safe mode and use DDU to uninstall the current driver, restart into normal windows and install the older driver.

Hey im back now I did try with windows 10 same issue now its not about the chipset drivers its the NVIDIA drivers I think not so sure. well I was able to play game never crash on the game but still have random freeze on login screen or just clicking on the desktop. Now on windows 10 I cant install older drivers like I was asuming that the 4070 is so much recent it cant even understand older drivers so im stuck with a pc that cant even work with the right driver... I got bunch of error and warning in the event viewers like a( DxgKrnl Winlogon in sessions 2 reuqested session stop using GPU, returned status STATUS_SUCCESS, with progress stage of successful.) Like what is this I never saw this one. Then I have this warning Dwminit (The Desktop Window Manager process has exited. Restart count: 8, Primary display device ID: Nvidia Geforce RTX4070) this one too never saw it before. I dont know what do to anymore should I RMA the card or what could it be it seems to be software related issue.

Back again with a update so it did it again with the 531.58 and it crash again when I launch a 3dMark and after, unable to boot got the same blue dot on the top left of my screen but windows is login in, I can hear it.. so now i just put my GTX 1070 ti without doing a DDU and wow its working as it should so 4070 need to RMA I guess. 

• 2 weeks later...

Having exactly same problem. I was thinking It was because of my riser cable. But then i install my GPU directly to mobo and it worked fine for like hour and half. Then the PC freeze and all I can do is hard reset. After the hard reset it starts to freeze again and again. If I put my old GPU (1660 Super) to PC it work just fine all the time. Even in riser cable or directly to mobo. Tested for 3 days so I'm sure it's working. I got fresh Windows 11, new GPU drivers everything. I guess all I can do to fix that is return the card and get a new one.