Estimated credit VS Awarded credit issues

Okay I've see a couple of other people mention they are having this problem as well so I figured it's time to ask:

When I was folding for team Maximum PC my rig was earning 10000-15000 points per day running only the SMP client. A week or so ago I changed over to our new team and added a passkey to my account (RailfanS, same as the forum). Ever since I made these changes I've been only earning a fraction of the points I was previously. For example, this morning I watched a work unit finish before going off to work. At 99.99% complete my estimated credit was about 8500 point (it took my 8120 about 20 hours to fold this unit). As soon as the unit finished and the upload began the estimated credit dropped to 1700 points. When I got home from work today I check online to see how many points I earned for that unit and I did only earn 1700. I have no idea what's causing this, the only things I changed where my team number and the addition of a passkey, which I entered into the client correctly.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated

"Wisdom III" AMD FX 8120 @ 4.1Ghz // Biostar TA990FXE // 16GB GeIL Black Dragon (8x2) // Saphire HD 7870 OC Edition // CORSAIR TX850M // Curcial M4 64GB (boot) // Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB (storage) // Cooler Master Hyper N 520 // Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

I wonder if changing teams forces you to have to complete another 10 WU's to get the bonus PPD? I will see what I can find.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

And you could be really unlucky right now and getting crappy WU's. I wonder... if highe ranked teams get better WU's? I doubt it...

Thanks again,

I found the answer about 3/4 of the way down this page:

http://folding.stanford.edu/English/FAQ-PointsNew

​I have to turn in 10 work units after receiving my new passkey before I start receiving bonus points.

I wasn't aware of the 10 WU rule, it might be worth mentioning this to new users who could be getting discouraged by the low amount of points earned on their first WU's.

"Wisdom III" AMD FX 8120 @ 4.1Ghz // Biostar TA990FXE // 16GB GeIL Black Dragon (8x2) // Saphire HD 7870 OC Edition // CORSAIR TX850M // Curcial M4 64GB (boot) // Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB (storage) // Cooler Master Hyper N 520 // Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

I'm still confused on how to earn bonus points. Do they send you a new passkey if you meet the requirements?

I'm still confused on how to earn bonus points. Do they send you a new passkey if you meet the requirements?

No,

Once you get a passkey from Stanford, you put that in your F@H client and run 10 bonus qualified WU's (as of this moment, GPU WU will not count but should be changing hopefully in a month or 2).

Once you ran 10 WU's, your passkey is active on the bonus points, That's it, nothing more is need to be done.

Only thing you'll have to worry about after that is falling below the 80% return rate.

To make it simple, if you been given 100 WU's in total and you only return 79 of those WU's on time, your passkey will loose the the bonus ability. (Now, the more WU's you deal with, the more you can afford to lose. So if you've done 1000 wu's, 800 of them need to be returned on time.)

Only 2 way to fix this issue is,

1.) keep folding until your at or above the 80% line.

2.) get a new passkey.

Only reason you should do "2.)" is if you've done thousands of WU's and it would take a very long time to get at or above the 80% mark again.

Hope this clears things up!

No,

Once you get a passkey from Stanford, you put that in your F@H client and run 10 bonus qualified WU's (as of this moment, GPU WU will not count but should be changing hopefully in a month or 2).

Once you ran 10 WU's, your passkey is active on the bonus points, That's it, nothing more is need to be done.

Only thing you'll have to worry about after that is falling below the 80% return rate.

To make it simple, if you been given 100 WU's in total and you only return 79 of those WU's on time, your passkey will loose the the bonus ability. (Now, the more WU's you deal with, the more you can afford to lose. So if you've done 1000 wu's, 800 of them need to be returned on time.)

2.) get a new passkey.

Only reason you should do "2.)" is if you've done thousands of WU's and it would take a very long time to get at or above the 80% mark again.

Great info warmon!

No,

2.) get a new passkey.

Thanks for the info!

Is there a way to find out if you're getting the bonus ability?

No,

2.) get a new passkey.

Only way to tell is if your getting the bonus is if your getting more points than the base points.

Example if bonus is working: lets say you've completed a WU with 484 points, and you earn over 1k points. that's when you'll know your getting the bonus.

If it's not working, then you would only see the base points.

Now normally i would say the easiest way to see this is by looking at stat sites such as EOC. Although because your team ranked is below 800 (ATM), no one can see individual stats.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/?nav=FAQ

"Q: Why don't we have user (individual) stats?

A: Individual stats are added when the team rank reaches at least 800. It is possible for individuals to be added sooner if the team's rank is at least 1,200 AND their rank has gone up by at least 5 spots in the last 7 days. So the more active teams get their users' added sooner."

So only way to tell is to look at your log's.

To find your log, go to: C:\Users\"account name here"\AppData\Roaming\FAHClient

Sadly though, the computer i've folded with has got a new OS and being used for other things (than folding) so I've dont have a log on hand to show where you need to look. I'll try running a WU later to show where you (or others that might look at the thread) need to look at in the logs.

If you got anymore questions, I'll be glad to help.

No,

2.) get a new passkey.

Thanks a lot Warmon!

Also, is there a way to find out when my WU is "due"?

No,

2.) get a new passkey.

If your running v7 client, you see an 2 areas which should say the date.

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx241/warmon6/longfolding.png

"Timeout" is when the WU is due in order to get the bonus points.

"Expiration" is when the WU will NOT receive any points.

*You might need to switch to expert mode to see everything*

If your running the v6... Which looks like either this

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx241/warmon6/client6302.jpg

or this

http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/images/Guide/WinUNISystray6.PNG

then you'll need to look at your log as it should have all that info somewhere. Just cant remember where.....

No,

2.) get a new passkey.

Ahhh, I see. It seems like they give you a lot of time to finish the WU to get bonus points.

No,

2.) get a new passkey.

Most of the time they do. :D

Although there were WU's in the early(er) days of SMP folding (2009/10 time-frame) that you didn't have a lot of time for. One of the projects (6701) for me, only had like 2 hour buffer between having and not having bonus points while all other project I had at least 1.5 to 2 days to finish. (they did increase the time not to long after that WU came around)

Then again, having only a mobile pentium dual core T2390 @1.86GHz folding probably didn't help at all. lol

Finally completed 10 non-gpu WU's - back into the land of ok ppd!

No,

2.) get a new passkey.

I guess they like rewarding powerful computers haha

My current WU is giving me around 20 days until the expiration date lol

Finally completed 10 non-gpu WU's - back into the land of ok ppd!
Good news...