Why does LTT use Google Docs for creating and editing text documents?

I have seen in several videos that LTT members use google docs. What advantage do they have?
I personally only used google docs for school, for my other chores I prefer to use onlyoffice (also libreoffice) or since I go to university I've been using the office package for free as a student.

In my opinion google docs is useful for those who have to make several people work on the same document, thanks to the functionality of the drive, but when I was studying it was inconvenient for me to have an internet connection in order to access all the documents.

What do you think? Have they ever explained why they use google workspace?
Also, if I don't remember well or I dreamed it, tell me

5 minutes ago, Bloris said:

I have seen in several videos that LTT members use google docs. What advantage do they have?
I personally only used google docs for school, for my other chores I prefer to use onlyoffice (also libreoffice) or since I go to university I've been using the office package for free as a student.

In my opinion google docs is useful for those who have to make several people work on the same document, thanks to the functionality of the drive, but when I was studying it was inconvenient for me to have an internet connection in order to access all the documents.

What do you think? Have they ever explained why they use google workspace?
Also, if I don't remember well or I dreamed it, tell me

Pretty sure they pay for Google Workspace. Or at the very least at one point they did pay for Gsuite

Multiple employees being able to work / view on the same document without needing to send an updated version first is less hassle at the very least.

And yeah of course they are connected to internet as long the ISP isn't down. I mean... they only need it to earn their living.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Google Docs was designed for collaborative document work. They work on their documents collaboratively, therefore it is an appropriate tool for that task.

As for why they use Google Docs instead of another solution, it's probably just momentum at this point. Why switch if the solution you have works well enough?

you can also sync your GDrive to your local PC, and access all the files locally.  

You don't need 24/7 internet to use it. 

Just now, Poinkachu said:

Pretty sure they pay for Google Workspace. Or at the very least at one point they did pay for Gsuite

Multiple employees being able to work / view on the same document without needing to send an updated version first is less hassle at the very least.

And yeah of course they are connected to internet as long the ISP isn't down. I mean... they only need it to earn their living.

I checked and they used it in the past for their cloud storage but I believe they used some other type of program before

From the way it looks, LMG seems to be all in on Google Workspace (documents, email, etc). Considering a huge piece of their business falls under Google (YouTube) its probably easiest to just use Google for everything for a seamless experience. Unless you're doing wacky stuff with Excel formulas, Google docs does the job very well. I can't recall for sure but I think Linus did say during a WAN show that they did purchase a few Microsoft office license for a few niche use cases in around the office.

I like Google docs, you can tell Google was definitely ahead of the pack with online office collaboration. Microsoft is following in their footsteps with Office 365.

For same reasons some companies (like we) use SharePoint. Though I think because Google is fully on cloud, it doesn't make things as messy as what SharePoint does. So edits by multiple people won't get lost and sharing permissions are bit easier to handle.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 5/8/2023 at 5:14 PM, Bloris said:

but when I was studying it was inconvenient for me to have an internet connection in order to access all the documents.

they have 10 gigabit internet that's not a problem for them lmfao

She/Her