Can't find my m.2 on boot priority list

B4ry

Woke up found my pc in Bios and my m.2 is not on boot priority list. The m.2 is detected in the bios, but it doesn't show up on the boot priority list. I updated the Bios, no result. PC was working fine beforehand and didn't have any issues. What should I do?

Specs:

Ryzen 5600X

32GB 3200MHz corsair ram 

1TB samsung 970 evo m.2

RTX 3060

Asus Tuf B550M gaming plus motherboard

I reinstalled windows and the pc works now. I changed my ram speed in bios, computer starts boot cycle. After boot cycle was completed, Windows someone was uninstalled. What is happening????????

Problem resolved. It was a bios setting messing things up. Had to enable smth called FTPM and now it works... I hope.

Edited by B4ry

24 minutes ago, B4ry said:

Woke up found my pc in Bios and my m.2 is not on boot priority list. The m.2 is detected in the bios, but it doesn't show up on the boot priority list. I updated the Bios, no result. PC was working fine beforehand and didn't have any issues. What should I do?

Specs:

Ryzen 5600X

32GB 3200MHz corsair ram 

1TB samsung 970 evo m.2

RTX 3060

Asus Tuf B550M gaming plus motherboard

sounds like it found a faulty sector in the boot partition and killed it when it replaced the faulty memory.. tried reinstalling yet, or repair on the install USB? 

Have you checked the Hard Drive BBS priority option just below the Boot Priority option on Advanced Settings Boot?

2 hours ago, What The Tech CA said:

Have you checked the Hard Drive BBS priority option just below the Boot Priority option on Advanced Settings Boot?

I did my storage was not listed there.

3 hours ago, Robchil said:

sounds like it found a faulty sector in the boot partition and killed it when it replaced the faulty memory.. tried reinstalling yet, or repair on the install USB? 

Reinstalled, windows worked. Changed my ram speed. Windows uninstalled itself. I have always had an issue with changing my RAM speed. The issue being that I have to do a few Boot cycles for the computer to run windows.

Edited by SansVarnic
Merged comments

10 hours ago, Robchil said:

I confirmed RAM works. After reinstalling windows, same thing happened. Windows crashed and wiped itself from the drive. Is this a motherboard/CPUissue? 

3 hours ago, B4ry said:

I confirmed RAM works. After reinstalling windows, same thing happened. Windows crashed and wiped itself from the drive. Is this a motherboard/CPUissue? 

tried another nvme? sound dead if it wiped itself..  that's not windows wiping itself.. probably nvme dying. they go into read only mode then..  unless you have a boot sector virus that wipes the drive windows is installed on.. but i don't think they exist anymore.. last time i saw one was on amiga in the 80's.. 😄

9 hours ago, Robchil said:

tried another nvme? sound dead if it wiped itself..  that's not windows wiping itself.. probably nvme dying. they go into read only mode then..  unless you have a boot sector virus that wipes the drive windows is installed on.. but i don't think they exist anymore.. last time i saw one was on amiga in the 80's.. 😄

Bro I have no clue I bough a new m.2 to be the boot drive installed windows there and it happened again. This is getting ridiculous.