My 3 year old laptop is Unfixable as far as I know. Pls Help

Warriorshark

I am at the end of my rope. I own a ROG Zephyrus g14 that was purchased in 2020, it has a Ryzen 9-4900hs with integrated graphics, and a NVidian 2060 max-q. For the first year it worked just fine but for the past 2 it has been torturing me with its problems. Most game I play crash often mostly Farcry 5, and Overwatch runs worse than a 7 year old MacBook on it, I had to lower the res to 720 and put all setting at off or lowest possible and it still hovers at 60-80fps. Any more res or higher setting it drops to 30-10 sometimes even fully freezing for a second or two. Beside that Doom eternal sometimes wont even start the game saying that no graphics card is even detected. If I leave my laptop open for more than 10 min it will shut down and delete AMD adrenalin addition along with all CPU drivers currently installed. Every time this happens I have to spend at least 20 min restarting my computer and reinstalling all apps and drivers. I have reinstalled windows more than 10 times, I have factory reset my computer, reinstalled drivers, upgraded to windows 11, and totally reformatted the computer multiple times. I am pretty computer literate and I obviously watch Linus, I took a 4 year computer class in high school and have never seen something like this. I have fixed some of the problems like the random shutdowns, but my brothers 5 year old desktop with a Radeon 580 card and a Ryzen 7 still runs better than mine, WTF!!!!!! Please someone help I am Desperate!!!!!!

This feels like you having thermal issues, suggest you check out the video below and monitor your temps. With your reinstalls have you installed ROG software that might be needed to control your laptop's cooling ie ASUS System Control Interface v3

4 hours ago, Warriorshark said:

I am at the end of my rope. I own a ROG Zephyrus g14 that was purchased in 2020, it has a Ryzen 9-4900hs with integrated graphics, and a NVidian 2060 max-q. For the first year it worked just fine but for the past 2 it has been torturing me with its problems. Most game I play crash often mostly Farcry 5, and Overwatch runs worse than a 7 year old MacBook on it, I had to lower the res to 720 and put all setting at off or lowest possible and it still hovers at 60-80fps. Any more res or higher setting it drops to 30-10 sometimes even fully freezing for a second or two. Beside that Doom eternal sometimes wont even start the game saying that no graphics card is even detected. If I leave my laptop open for more than 10 min it will shut down and delete AMD adrenalin addition along with all CPU drivers currently installed. Every time this happens I have to spend at least 20 min restarting my computer and reinstalling all apps and drivers. I have reinstalled windows more than 10 times, I have factory reset my computer, reinstalled drivers, upgraded to windows 11, and totally reformatted the computer multiple times. I am pretty computer literate and I obviously watch Linus, I took a 4 year computer class in high school and have never seen something like this. I have fixed some of the problems like the random shutdowns, but my brothers 5 year old desktop with a Radeon 580 card and a Ryzen 7 still runs better than mine, WTF!!!!!! Please someone help I am Desperate!!!!!!

sounds like your laptop needs a full service.. 

that would include opening it up and dusting it completely.. clean fans and disassemble cooling to repaste GPU and CPU with fresh cooling paste.. 2-3 years is about the time it takes for it to dry out and causing bad thermals.. 

recommended parts: 

Ifixit kit

small tube of cooling paste. 

alcoholic wipes to clean the old off. 

compressed air on can.  

if you are unfamiliar look up video's to see how to open your laptop,  remember where screws where. and good luck.. 🙂  

edit: PS remove batteries first.. bios too.