Using my Webcam for Obs but also use that same Webcam as a seperate recording

hey guys! my title is a little confusing but let me explain. i am using a logitech streamcam for my twitch streams through obs. i also record my streams for my editor for my youtube channel. my editor has been wanting me to have a separate face cam recording so he can have a higher resolution of my face when zooming in. is there a way to use one webcam for obs and a completely separate video recording software at the same time so i wont need multiple cameras?

thank you as always

Generally? No. Logitec cams get quite cranky when you try to use them in multiple apps at the same time. The only way i could maybe see it working is if you chose a program as the source for camera, and both programs used that source.

1 hour ago, Shimejii said:

Generally? No. Logitec cams get quite cranky when you try to use them in multiple apps at the same time. The only way i could maybe see it working is if you chose a program as the source for camera, and both programs used that source.

Do you have any recommendations? I know xsplit has a similar "feature" but the water mark is not best for content.

18 hours ago, jhogan93 said:

Do you have any recommendations? I know xsplit has a similar "feature" but the water mark is not best for content.

You can do this with Logi Capture... Just record using it and then add it as new video capture device in OBS. Just note that since you are capturing with 2 softwares at the same time, there might be impact for your general hardware usage.

Also, if you have money to pay for editor, buying XSplit license could be something to think about.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv