High pitched noise through headphones, alt tab lag

SpinnakerRL

Hi,

Last week, I had my gaming laptop running and all of a sudden I started hearing a faint (yet unbearable) high pitched noise through my earbuds, even without any apps running. I also noticed that alt tabbing caused my windows to freeze for a few seconds before transitioning which never happened before. I confirmed that these earbuds work fine on other devices and other earbuds have the same issue on this laptop. There were no driver updates, bios updates, windows updates on that day and I can't think of anything I might have done to cause this. Audio drivers are up to date. 

Interestingly, unplugging my usb mouse makes the sounds less intense. Also, there were several days where the sound would disappear when I booted up a game like minecraft/rocket league and I had no issues. Someone told me that this might be a GPU related issue but I don't know what to do. Updating my graphics drivers didn't help. Any ideas?

Specs:

Windows 10, 64-bit

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz  2.59 GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

RAM: 32 GB, DDR4
BIOS: Insyde Corp V1.0.1

This issue comes and goes, and actually I think the gpu related issue is for when the noise comes out of the pc itself, that's not the case for me.