Star Wars Ruined - Onn Soundbar briefly diaconnects

Hey guys, does anyone else have a problem when a soundbar wants to “briefly disconnect” when there is no sound? I assume it’s to save energy.  But this pause in connection is just long enough to ruin the intro note to Star Wars.     Every. Time.  

I would love to find any way to resolve it.  It’s just a basic 2 foot Walmart soundbar connected via Bluetooth to an Apple TV non 4k. Or should I just get a new soundbar?  

2 minutes ago, RPaciano said:

basic 2 foot Walmart soundbar connected via Bluetooth

There is your issue.

Your issues have been noticed by many people.

I'd not get a soundbar again just a pair of decent speakers as these super budget things get smashed to bits by even some basic bt speakers.

Are you putting the soundbar far away from the Apple TV box? Why is it not connected with an HDMI or aux cable?

7 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Are you putting the soundbar far away from the Apple TV box? Why is it not connected with an HDMI or aux cable?

The soundbar is close to the AppleTV. But the soundbar only has Aux, optical, rca, and Bluetooth.   Apple TV is only Bluetooth and hdmi.  I would have to run a long aux cord from the projector in the back of the room to the soundbar in the front of the room. Not ideal. 

26 minutes ago, jaslion said:

There is your issue.

Your issues have been noticed by many people.

I'd not get a soundbar again just a pair of decent speakers as these super budget things get smashed to bits by even some basic bt speakers.

I went with the soundbar due to wireless and only one power cable to deal with.  Can you recommend a good pair of bookshelf speakers that can connect via Bluetooth without that dreaded connection delay? I know I can just go on Amazon but I would probably just come back here and ask if I should get x, y, or z.  Lol. 

6 minutes ago, RPaciano said:

The soundbar is close to the AppleTV. But the soundbar only has Aux, optical, rca, and Bluetooth.   Apple TV is only Bluetooth and hdmi.  I would have to run a long aux cord from the projector in the back of the room to the soundbar in the front of the room. Not ideal. 

Of course an Apple device wouldn't support an aux cable... SMH...

You could get an HDMI compatible soundbar, or even an HDMI compatible set of speakers. Bluetooth audio is better than it was 10 years ago, but still has plenty of issues. I don't recommend it if it can be avoided.

EDIT: I just thought of something. You could get something like this that splits out HDMI audio: https://www.amazon.com/Extractor-Converter-Adapter-Splitter-Compatable/dp/B084RN22MW

37 minutes ago, RPaciano said:

I went with the soundbar due to wireless and only one power cable to deal with.  Can you recommend a good pair of bookshelf speakers that can connect via Bluetooth without that dreaded connection delay? I know I can just go on Amazon but I would probably just come back here and ask if I should get x, y, or z.  Lol. 

The mackie cr5's are a tried and true combi

Hi! 

I have been looking to make my self a big ass speaker for my new car. Can anyone suggest me some drivers? If you have a grate idea of how it would look pls help me with it.

6 minutes ago, GAIMARS said:

Hi! 

I have been looking to make my self a big ass speaker for my new car. Can anyone suggest me some drivers? If you have a grate idea of how it would look pls help me with it.

Hi @GAIMARS you should create a new thread of your own to discuss this, as you won't get very good responses buried at the end of someone else's unrelated thread.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Get yourself an av receiver and bookshelves. 

This in itself will solve all your complaints.

3 hours ago, sm1th5 said:

Get yourself an av receiver and bookshelves. 

This in itself will solve all your complaints.

For an entry level AV Receiver, I'm incredibly pleased with my Yamaha RX-V385. Doesn't have Atmos support (not capable since it's only 5.1) but it does support TrueHD and DTS HD MA.

Or, if OP can find one used.

I have watched multiple Star Wars movies with that receiver and never had an issue with the Fox Fanfare cutting out.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)