Peripherals LED keeps turning on by itself even my PC is off.

Well, I live in a boarding house, which is a former industrial mess complex that's only have one plug that I connected everything on my room (PCs, electrical stove, fan, router, etc.) using an extension cable (high-quality ones). Room's still using fluorescent lamp using ballast.

In (a lot) of cases, every time I turn on/off the lamps on my room, my PC peripherals' LED (it's a keyboard and mouse with RGB) would've turn on by itself, even if the PC is turned off. My assumptions the lamp's ballast causing the PC to act weirdly like so to turn on the power on the USB ports.

To be fair, my extension doesn't include the ground wiring, as it's only a (still, a good quality) 2x1.5mm cable. I would want to get the 3x1.5 ones but... I have to get it online as my country electrical shops barely sells any wires with 3 cores. I am well aware of the hazard of this, and yes I plan to change the cable to 3x1.5mm later on.

Yet, back to topic. I don't know what's causing the LED to turn on, and I have to unplug the USB cable for the keyboard every time it happened, so... Can anyone enlighten me? Will changing my extension cable to include grounding will solve this as some power would've 'trapped' because there's no ground?

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

This is worrying on so many levels, wow.
I would try proper grounding first, but some Motherboards will just keep the PSU running too, which could cause your peripherals to light up. Does your phone charge when you plug it in?

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?