New case recommendations

Parsh
Go to solution Solved by Agall,
Just now, Parsh said:

I can but it turns out to be 200 euros anyway because of the retailers. Also I currently already have fans and it’s pretty quiet so I don’t think that’s too big an issue for me.

Check out the Corsair 4000D then, its a slightly better version of the case you have regarding hardware compatibility and design. Its a relatively inexpensive case, slightly more than the 220T

Budget (including currency): 80 euros (flexible)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming, coding

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So I have a iCUE 220T RGB Airflow Tempered Glass Mid-Tower Smart Case — Black. Recently, the side glass broke so I’m thinking of getting a new one since it didn’t fit my parts well anyway. I am looking for a new atx case, preferably in black. If anyone has any good suggestions that would be really helpful. I already have everything else needed. I had another question, since I am out of touch with PC building as it’s been 3 years. Would anyone like to recommend to me some refresher videos to summarise everything so I can rebuild my pc. 

2 minutes ago, Parsh said:

Budget (including currency): 80 euros (flexible)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming, coding

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So I have a iCUE 220T RGB Airflow Tempered Glass Mid-Tower Smart Case — Black. Recently, the side glass broke so I’m thinking of getting a new one since it didn’t fit my parts well anyway. I am looking for a new atx case, preferably in black. If anyone has any good suggestions that would be really helpful. I already have everything else needed. I had another question, since I am out of touch with PC building as it’s been 3 years. Would anyone like to recommend to me some refresher videos to summarise everything so I can rebuild my pc. 

Fractal Design North, black version.

Fractal Design North ATX mATX Mid Tower PC Case - Charcoal Black Chassis with Walnut Front and Mesh Side Panel - Newegg.com

Good value case and you can even get a mesh side panel version. Its a quality case with a lot of options, especially with the mesh side panel. Can fit eATX boards, even though its not listed as supported.

I didn't care for the wood front panel, but it does look really nice. I have the white version btw.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

2 minutes ago, Agall said:

Fractal Design North, black version.

Fractal Design North ATX mATX Mid Tower PC Case - Charcoal Black Chassis with Walnut Front and Mesh Side Panel - Newegg.com

Good value case and you can even get a mesh side panel version. Its a quality case with a lot of options, especially with the mesh side panel. Can fit eATX boards, even though its not listed as supported.

I didn't care for the wood front panel, but it does look really nice. I have the white version btw.

It looks really good but it’s not only 150 dollars which is too much out of my price range but also I live in France so I’d pay imports and shipping which would make the total cost close to 200 dollars which is just not worth it for me.

It looks really good but it’s not only 150 dollars which is too much out of my price range but also I live in France so I’d pay imports and shipping which would make the total cost close to 200 dollars which is just not worth it for me.

Do you not get Fractal Design products in France through other retailers? What manufacturers do you have available then?

$150 also comes with 4 quality 140mm fans. I'm using two of them over Noctua fans because they're far quieter at a moderate speed.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

1 minute ago, Agall said:

Do you not get Fractal Design products in France through other retailers? What manufacturers do you have available then?

$150 also comes with 4 quality 140mm fans. I'm using two of them over Noctua fans because they're far quieter at a moderate speed.

I can but it turns out to be 200 euros anyway because of the retailers. Also I currently already have fans and it’s pretty quiet so I don’t think that’s too big an issue for me.

Just now, Parsh said:

Check out the Corsair 4000D then, its a slightly better version of the case you have regarding hardware compatibility and design. Its a relatively inexpensive case, slightly more than the 220T

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Thanks guys they both look phenomenal and I’ll make my choice soon but I j wanted to ask if they would fit with my parts as the 220t barely fit them it was super close and the cable management was horrible. 

FF62959C-ADCB-4C17-BD19-E746CCC50A3A.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Parsh said:

Thanks guys they both look phenomenal and I’ll make my choice soon but I j wanted to ask if they would fit with my parts as the 220t barely fit them it was super close and the cable management was horrible. 

Yes.

You can top mount the 240mm AIO, I imagine your previous case struggled with clearance in the top, something the 4000D doesn't struggle with. I even shoved my 280mm EKWB AIO in the top, although its not designed to work.

A 4000D will 'technically' fit an eATX motherboard (I shoved my x670e Aorus Master in it..) so any ATX motherboard will fit.

It can fit my RTX 4090 Gaming OC, so it'll fit basically any graphics card.

220T looks like it barely gives any room behind the motherboard, comparing it to the 4000D, it looks like it has at least 1.5x-2x the space in the rear.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Yes.

You can top mount the 240mm AIO, I imagine your previous case struggled with clearance in the top, something the 4000D doesn't struggle with. I even shoved my 280mm EKWB AIO in the top, although its not designed to work.

A 4000D will 'technically' fit an eATX motherboard (I shoved my x670e Aorus Master in it..) so any ATX motherboard will fit.

It can fit my RTX 4090 Gaming OC, so it'll fit basically any graphics card.

So fitting those won’t be a problem that’s good to know. I’m assuming the back will have enough clearance. Also how do I know if it comes with fans or not? Cuz I wanna check if it does since I want to get a new one if it’s comes with 2 then it’ll be optimal. Also when I started this hobby a couple years ago I heard that keeping a PC on the ground was a sin. Is it rly true or is it ok if I clean it every once in a while.

Just now, Parsh said:

So fitting those won’t be a problem that’s good to know. I’m assuming the back will have enough clearance. Also how do I know if it comes with fans or not? Cuz I wanna check if it does since I want to get a new one if it’s comes with 2 then it’ll be optimal. Also when I started this hobby a couple years ago I heard that keeping a PC on the ground was a sin. Is it rly true or is it ok if I clean it every once in a while.

4000D comes with two functional fans, nothing great.

Note as well that it doesn't appear that your motherboard has a Type-C header, so any case with a type-c port in the front won't be usable unless you get some sort of expansion card/adapter.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

4000D comes with two functional fans, nothing great.

Note as well that it doesn't appear that your motherboard has a Type-C header, so any case with a type-c port in the front won't be usable unless you get some sort of expansion card/adapter.

What does a type-C header mean? It has a type C in the back if that helps with anything

What does a type-C header mean? It has a type C in the back if that helps with anything

PCIe x1 to 19Pin USB 3.0 Header and Type E (A Key) Card,USB Front Panel Adapter, for 1 Front Panel USB A, 1 Front Panel USB C, USB 3.0 5Gpbs for Windows MacOS Linux - Newegg.com

The Type E (A key) is a usb-c header, which I didn't see on the X570 Asus Tuf motherboard when I looked into it. That card as example provides one since the front panel will have a header, though I don't think its worth purchasing. Just as an example of one.

Another example, the connector in the middle is a Type-C front panel header. This photo is from an X570s Aorus Master.

image.png.cd9bd853a337a25abab20f53a896aafc.png

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

2 minutes ago, Agall said:

PCIe x1 to 19Pin USB 3.0 Header and Type E (A Key) Card,USB Front Panel Adapter, for 1 Front Panel USB A, 1 Front Panel USB C, USB 3.0 5Gpbs for Windows MacOS Linux - Newegg.com

The Type E (A key) is a usb-c header, which I didn't see on the X570 Asus Tuf motherboard when I looked into it. That card as example provides one since the front panel will have a header, though I don't think its worth purchasing. Just as an example of one.

Another example, the connector in the middle is a Type-C front panel header. This photo is from an X570s Aorus Master.

image.png.cd9bd853a337a25abab20f53a896aafc.png

I mean I’ve never had it before so I don’t miss it so I don’t think it’s a big deal honestly I could leave that out for now

I mean I’ve never had it before so I don’t miss it so I don’t think it’s a big deal honestly I could leave that out for now

You can just tape over the connector on the top of the case and stash the cable. Prevent it doesn't exist, but most decent cases you'll find in 2023 will have a type-c connector like that, including the 4000D.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Thank you for your help! You solved a question that would’ve taken me ages.