I have 200kb-5 mb/s, Is there any way to get higher wifi in my country?

I live in Indonesia, it has one of the slowest connection of internet than most countries. I usually get 200 kb - 5 mb/s , I'm not sure whether buying another router is really going to change anything. Is there anyone else in my country that could recommend a good router with 50 mb/s or more? or is it not possible for my country?

the photo below doesn't reflect when i actually download, i usually watch youtube on 480p and when I'm downloading i either get 200 kb/s - 2 mb/s
image.thumb.png.76da2db68bce9b89480102d6be3950b7.png

1 minute ago, LolioTheGoose said:

I live in Indonesia, it has one of the slowest connection of internet than most countries. I usually get 200 kb - 5 mb/s , I'm not sure whether buying another router is really going to change anything. Is there anyone else in my country that could recommend a good router with 50 mb/s or more? or is it not possible for my country?

the photo below doesn't reflect when i actually download, i usually watch youtube on 480p and when I'm downloading i either get 200 kb/s - 2 mb/s
image.thumb.png.76da2db68bce9b89480102d6be3950b7.png

what speeds do you normally get?

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

1 minute ago, filpo said:

what speeds do you normally get?

its written on the post, i usually get around 200kb/s - 5 mb/s max

Just now, LolioTheGoose said:

its written on the post, i usually get around 200kb/s - 5 mb/s max

what network have you paid for then? 

this is a good router Amazon.com: ASUS AC1200 WiFi Gaming Router (RT-ACRH12) - Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router, 4 GB Ports, USB Port, Gaming & Streaming, Easy Setup, Parental Control, MU-MIMO

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

6 minutes ago, LolioTheGoose said:

I'm not sure whether buying another router is really going to change anything.

What speeds do you pay for? Because thats the determining factor on how fast you can go. Buying a new router wont magically change things if thats all your ISP provides. 

Also what kind of internet do you have? DSL(phone lines) has some of the slowest speeds as the further from the local office of the teleco you go the slower it gets. The gold standard internet is Fiber the next in line is going to be Docsis coax based internet. You can also some times get a decent connection over LTE/5G but that depends on the provider. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

5 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

What speeds do you pay for? Because thats the determining factor on how fast you can go. Buying a new router wont magically change things if thats all your ISP provides. 

Also what kind of internet do you have? DSL(phone lines) has some of the slowest speeds as the further from the local office of the teleco you go the slower it gets. The gold standard internet is Fiber the next in line is going to be Docsis coax based internet. You can also some times get a decent connection over LTE/5G but that depends on the provider. 

There is really only one option in my country that is trusted and that is Telkomsel. The top speed is only 8 mb/s.

for the second question, I'm not really sure since I got my friend to help hook it up that i lost contact years ago but i will answer the best i can. I don't have fiber and I am sure I don't use a DSL hooked up to my router, its looks like a standard ethernet cable running from the wall plugged into the wifi router.

My wifi router is only a one band so that's also probably a big factor.

18 minutes ago, filpo said:

The network i paid is Telkomsel. The router link you sent seems like a good choice with the price, I will consider it.

11 minutes ago, LolioTheGoose said:

There is really only one option in my country that is trusted and that is Telkomsel. The top speed is only 8 mb/s.

Is it cable, or DSL? DSL speeds start falling the longer the phone lines are between your house and your local telephone exchange.

It's LTE. Make sure your router isn't in the middle of the house, or near sources of interference.

Edited by Needfuldoer
Saw Donut417's post clarifying what kind of service we're talking about.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

7 minutes ago, LolioTheGoose said:

My wifi router is only a one band so that's also probably a big factor.

A dual band will probably help a bit, at least for stability sake. However the most speed you will ever get is 8 Mbps and even then that will depend on the ISP's network. 

8 minutes ago, LolioTheGoose said:

hat is trusted and that is Telkomsel

According to their website they offer LTE internet. Which means it's cellular based. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

4 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Is it cable, or DSL? DSL speeds start falling the longer the phone lines are between your house and your local telephone exchange.

It's LTE. Make sure your router isn't in the middle of the house, or near sources of interference.

Alright man, thanks for your help 😎

4 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

A dual band will probably help a bit, at least for stability sake. However the most speed you will ever get is 8 Mbps and even then that will depend on the ISP's network. 

According to their website they offer LTE internet. Which means it's cellular based. 

Alright, thanks bro, i will probably upgrade the router and provider 👊