Good budget headphones with a mic and detachable cable

Budget (including currency):  50e

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Fortnite mainly

Buying my brother a new headset for his bday, he is gonna use on connected to the ps4 controller. Detachable cable is a must because he manages to destroy them very often. Been having a bit of trouble finding a headset. The budget is flexible

8 minutes ago, ComradeBard said:

Budget (including currency):  50e

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Fortnite mainly

Buying my brother a new headset for his bday, he is gonna use on connected to the ps4 controller. Detachable cable is a must because he manages to destroy them very often. Been having a bit of trouble finding a headset. The budget is flexible

i recently replaced an annoying pair of headphones with the HyperX Cloud II wireless. They have wired versions that are cheaper, but mine were $130 USD for wireless.

Detachable mic, lightweight, simple, haven't had any battery life issues like my last pair.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

Those were my first thought, unfortunately no detachable cable. I dont wanna solder the cables together every few weeks. Think im gonna go with artics nova 1, a store has them on clearance i can get them for about 55e

2 minutes ago, ComradeBard said:

Those were my first thought, unfortunately no detachable cable. I dont wanna solder the cables together every few weeks. Think im gonna go with artics nova 1, a store has them on clearance i can get them for about 55e

Ah I see you meant the cable not the microphone.

I'd consider a wireless pair if any. No cables to worry about with just a USB dongle. The pair I described do work with playstation. 

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

I did consider wireless, but with the budget i have im guessing the sound quality wouldn't be too great

my exp with detachable cables are it isnt enough to save em from a good pull, it will stay in and rip the headphones off of you. 

if you have the skills, I'd rec getting a non-removable and just snib the wire about 4in down and solder on a female 3.5mm TRRS and then get a quality cable.