PSU for 50€

I am building a budget gaming PC and the only thing missing is the PSU. Because I dont know much about the budget PSU market I decided to ask.

The PC needs about 500W minimum and 2 pcie 6+2 cables (specs: Ryzen 5 1600x, GTX 1080, 2*16GB 3200mhz RAM, ATX Board and case)

I dont want to spend much, only around 50€. I already researched a bit and found the deepcool pf600 and the aerocool cylon 600W. So if any of these PSUs is good or if you have other suggestions, please let me know. Thank you.

Pick something out of the C tier and you should be fine. Don’t go lower. The lower tiered psu’s are too crap.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

57 minutes ago, Kirschbaum said:

I already researched a bit and found the deepcool pf600 and the aerocool cylon 600W.

I wouldn't recommend either of those.

Sub-€50 is going to be mostly junk. You'll see the same Aerocool Cyclon/Integrator, Antec VP/VTE, Deepcool, Kolink Classic, Gigabyte PB power supplies across most of the stores. Avoid them all.

I did find an EVGA BR 650W on Scan.co.uk for sale currently for 50. https://www.scan.co.uk/products/650w-evga-650-br-fully-wired-80plus-bronze-single-rail-542a-120mm-fan-atx-psu

They also have a refurbished Corsair CX-F for 54. https://www.scan.co.uk/products/650w-corsair-cx650f-rgb-white-fully-modular-80plus-bronze-single-rail-54a-120mm-rgb-fan-atx-psu-refu

The EVGA GD is 59 if you don't mind spending more. https://www.scan.co.uk/products/500w-evga-gd-80-plusgold-single-rail-416a-120mm-fan-over-voltage-protection-atx-psu

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Look for used psus, tend to have huge discounts over new and you can usually get much higher quality psus for the same price as a crap psu

For 50€ id be expecting at the VERY least 600w gold units though 750-850w are very common in this price range if the used market here in indo is anything to go by. <50€ new tends to be meh bad value units, not like theyll explode or anything like those tier lists imply but meh quality and value compared to used psus of the same price

I assume you have all the other components already? And i assume youve bought that ryzen used?

33 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Look for used psus, tend to have huge discounts over new and you can usually get much higher quality psus for the same price as a crap psu

For 50€ id be expecting at the VERY least 600w gold units though 750-850w are very common in this price range if the used market here in indo is anything to go by. <50€ new tends to be meh bad value units, not like theyll explode or anything like those tier lists imply but meh quality and value compared to used psus of the same price

I assume you have all the other components already? And i assume youve bought that ryzen used?

The Ryzen was just laying around my house and I had a GTX 1080 from my gaming PC wich I upgraded to a 3070. So bought a case and ssd new and a used motherboard. 

1 minute ago, Kirschbaum said:

The Ryzen was just laying around my house and I had a GTX 1080 from my gaming PC wich I upgraded to a 3070. So bought a case and ssd new and a used motherboard. 

Oh

Whats this pc even gonna be used for btw?

I still reccomend used psu, high quality units for bargain bin prices cause too many misconceptions about used psus nuking their used value and letting the intellectuals take advantage of them cheap used deals

As for the 2 psus you mentioned theyll be alright afaik, though make sure to check online to see if theres a significant amount of reliability issues or not, dont just blindly follow a tier list and overspend for garbage that only matters in a specsheet and has no noticable effect irl (ex RMx vs RMe, same shit just ones far pricier)

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Oh

Whats this pc even gonna be used for btw?

I still reccomend used psu, high quality units for bargain bin prices cause too many misconceptions about used psus nuking their used value and letting the intellectuals take advantage of them cheap used deals

As for the 2 psus you mentioned theyll be alright afaik, though make sure to check online to see if theres a significant amount of reliability issues or not, dont just blindly follow a tier list and overspend for garbage that only matters in a specsheet and has no noticable effect irl (ex RMx vs RMe, same shit just ones far pricier)

It will mainly be used for gaming

Could you recommend any used psus specifically?

4 hours ago, Kirschbaum said:

only around 50€

€50 in what Euro country?

Just now, --SID-- said:

Germany

4 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Dammit. I misread it as the Pound symbol and wasted time looking through UK stores.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450