Corsair RM850x Shift or Seasonic Vertex GX 850?

B1ueTera

What should i get the Corsair RM850x Shift or the Seasonic Vertex GX 850. ?
I have money for both and. I want the most future prof one in the long term.
And i have no idea what to get atm.

4 minutes ago, B1ueTera said:

Which should i get the Corsair RM850x Shift or the Seasonic Vertex GX 850. ?
I have money for both and. I want the most future prof one in the long term.
And i have no idea what to get atm.

They are both really good go with whatever you like (If you are running a really current gen card tho maybe look for the one that has a PCIE5 cable included)

I hit 700W on an i5 with a NHD15

Also I'm 14 so please just confirm anything I say with someone more experienced

Either one is fine.

ATX v3.0 GPU power connector or not.

As long as the world is still using ATX v2.x power supplies, there will be ATX v3.0 adapters, and graphics cards that will continue to use PCI-E 6/8 pins.

It won't change unless ALL ATX v2.x.x are removed from the (new) market, and replaced with ATX v3.0 power supplies.

Or ALL graphics cards will switch to ATX v3.0

If AMD / nVidia / Intel continues to use both, nothing will happen.

You are going to be fine.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Get a 1000w of a similar pricing as that should be more futureproof than both, maybe a 1000w ud-gm

yeah but none of the UD has a 12VHPWR connector native. And yeah, any 12VHPWR native 1000W PSUs right now is expensive compared to 750-850W.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

49 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

yeah but none of the UD has a 12VHPWR connector native. And yeah, any 12VHPWR native 1000W PSUs right now is expensive compared to 750-850W.

Why would you bother paying for native 12vhpwr anyways? Literally just buy an adapter and done

you want an actually futureproof psu or aesthetics? I know which one ill chose, ill even go for a used one so for the price of a 1000w ill get a 1200w+ unit used, even more futureproof and massive discounts

6 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Literally just buy an adapter

Same attitude as to "molex to 6 pin pcie adapter" people back in the introduction of the standard. Now you cant even find those that arent fire starters. Adapters arent future proof. But yeah, cant judge that hard because we still dont know if 12VHPWR is gonna be like pcie connector or just another fad like consumer 12VO.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

27 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Same attitude as to "molex to 6 pin pcie adapter" people back in the introduction of the standard. Now you cant even find those that arent fire starters. Adapters arent future proof. But yeah, cant judge that hard because we still dont know if 12VHPWR is gonna be like pcie connector or just another fad like consumer 12VO.

Doesnt nvidia have an official adapter or something? Or maybe the gpus themselves coming with included adapters? Still ridicolous to overpay for 1 single connector and get an inferior psu because of it

3 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Doesnt nvidia have an official adapter or something?

They always have them for early generations of the GPU using a connector, but then phasing it out later. Thats why i say that adapter isnt fully permanent solution.

4 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

They always have them for early generations of the GPU using a connector, but then phasing it out later. Thats why i say that adapter isnt fully permanent solution.

Id still prefer an adapter over paying extra, i mean i have sata to 8 pins lying around