Recommissioning my 5900X

Right now I have an AMD 5900X as my main CPU in my current build and I have gone with a new 7800X3D and want to reuse my current CPU rather than selling it.

Current config is:

5900X

64GB DDR4 3200MHz

Asus X570-F

I have a few spare parts laying around and will be using it when I move the current CPU:

Inwin 101 case

Artic 750W Gold PSU

some case fans

will buy a new cooler (not sure which one, it will be an air cooler)

I would like to use it as a VM machine and run some programs that would generate me some ez money, and maybe do a file sharing stuff too

Not sure on what to use with this, I have seen Linus use FreeNAS and UNraid and others to create VMs and do that 7 gamers 1 CPU stuff back in the day and currently also using it too.

I would like suggestion on what to use on the OS side and what other things that I could use it for, what can I run on this? 

4 minutes ago, Tomberry said:

what do you want to run to make ez money. im pretty sure that that is not true

there are a few apps that utilise my internet as a hub and I will be running a few of those plus some other apps too

1 minute ago, TheWutofWat said:

there are a few apps that utilise my internet as a hub and I will be running a few of those plus some other apps too

if these apps do what they say (which i doubt) they r going to hog ur wifi and also the 5900x will be overkill. i could be wrong tho

12 minutes ago, Tomberry said:

if these apps do what they say (which i doubt) they r going to hog ur wifi and also the 5900x will be overkill. i could be wrong tho

not worried about my internet got Gig here and more than happy to put a cap on my PC, the apps do give money but not much, and yes the 5900x is WAAAAAAAAY too OP for this alone and selling it is only getting me about £250 right now

got it back in early 2020 for £525, at that time this was cheap

6 hours ago, TheWutofWat said:

not worried about my internet got Gig here and more than happy to put a cap on my PC, the apps do give money but not much, and yes the 5900x is WAAAAAAAAY too OP for this alone and selling it is only getting me about £250 right now

got it back in early 2020 for £525, at that time this was cheap

But do they offset the cost of power and depreciation?

16 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

But do they offset the cost of power and depreciation?

maybe, cuz I don't really pay for electricity here. I guess its free real estate? 

If you wanna make money with this stuff, selling it will bring in way more than running some little botnet stuff.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.