why my coolermaster mwe v2 750w psu fan spanning after connecting it to power.

Shohan000

I connected the psu to power without connecting any pc components why the fan not spinning. And there is some coil winning to the psu .

What does 230v mean it written on psu .

And can i use monitor power cable to use it to power the psu

3 hours ago, Shohan000 said:

That will be because it's a 230V input only version. Won't work in countries like America that use 110-120V power.

3 hours ago, Shohan000 said:

I connected the psu to power without connecting any pc components why the fan not spinning.

Is the fan spinning or not? 

The fan doesn't spin in standby mode. It will need to be turned on by the motherboard or bridging the power on pin to ground to trick it to turn on. Depending on the model of power supply it may have a semi-passive fan which doesn't spin at low load.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 hours ago, Shohan000 said:

I connected the psu to power without connecting any pc components why the fan not spinning. And there is some coil winning to the psu .

And can i use monitor power cable to use it to power the psu

PSU needs Turn on Signal from motherboard to enable 12V rail.. in short to turn on the PSU...  And Coil wine.. I don't think it's a coil wine.. but It's Quasi Resonant Flyback Converter For 5V STB rail..    which is not loaded yet.. that's why it's making little sound may be.. 

Well if you already shorted PSU on pin to ground... And still no fan spin and Noise . It means it's dead PSU(defective)

On 4/22/2023 at 3:51 AM, --SID-- said:

Which MWE V2 750w exactly? Gold, Bronze, 230v EU?

Pic of the label?

20230424_031403.jpg