I'm building a new pc for my birthday soon and would like to know some good specs plus upgradeability for the future.

LankyMan

Budget (including currency): £1500-£1650 GBP

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming and streaming/content creation as a side thing on games such as Warzone 2, R6 Siege, CS:GO, Valorant, the new XDefiant, Fortnite, Dying Light 2, Elden ring, GTA V, Apex legends etc.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): im very scarce at the moment and all i have is a hyperx pulfire haste and some 60% mechanical keyboard my sister gave me for free but has a short cable, i do have a full cheap keyboard for bios just to make sure i can actually enter bios from the loading screen, i also have a headset so no need for any speakers just a pc and a monitor, i have put together what i think is a good pc for the cost due to future upgradeability so i dont need to build a whole new system for any future builds and i have came to the forum to seek any and all assistance before making the jump. i did also consider aesthetics in my build so i spent like a £100 GBP premium just for a fully white build. i want to aim for a very competitive 240hz at 1080p and i found an AOC curved monitor for £200 GBP which i think should be good for what i need it for at 24".1066150314_Screenshot2023-04-20194837.thumb.png.441473a5a4354a6c2c668e8eaeb1f4ba.png

This comes out to £1668.26 total, is it lacking in some areas? Please let me know 🙂

Nothing to say about the build but check that DP cable, it says it is VESA certified but it doesn't appear in the official database https://www.displayport.org/product-category/cables-adaptors/
Might be fine but would get another since it's going to be around those £ anyway. I have a KabelDirekt (which appears on the website) and I see it's on amazon.co.uk too
Also doesn't the monitor come with one? That should be fine if they give it to you with it

Just now, Jenko32 said:

Nothing to say about the build but check that DP cable, it says it is VESA certified but it doesn't appear in the official database https://www.displayport.org/product-category/cables-adaptors/
Might be fine but would get another since it's going to be around those £ anyway. I have a KabelDirekt (which appears on the website) and I see it's on amazon.co.uk too
Also doesn't the monitor come with one? That should be fine if they give it to you with it

I didn't realise some monitors come with DP cables i shall have a look at that thank you and secondly, i never knew that there wasnt a display port certification on that cable so thank you very much 🙂 

49 minutes ago, LankyMan said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming and streaming/content creation as a side thing on games such as Warzone 2, R6 Siege, CS:GO, Valorant, the new XDefiant, Fortnite, Dying Light 2, Elden ring, GTA V, Apex legends etc.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): im very scarce at the moment and all i have is a hyperx pulfire haste and some 60% mechanical keyboard my sister gave me for free but has a short cable, i do have a full cheap keyboard for bios just to make sure i can actually enter bios from the loading screen, i also have a headset so no need for any speakers just a pc and a monitor, i have put together what i think is a good pc for the cost due to future upgradeability so i dont need to build a whole new system for any future builds and i have came to the forum to seek any and all assistance before making the jump. i did also consider aesthetics in my build so i spent like a £100 GBP premium just for a fully white build. i want to aim for a very competitive 240hz at 1080p and i found an AOC curved monitor for £200 GBP which i think should be good for what i need it for at 24".1066150314_Screenshot2023-04-20194837.thumb.png.441473a5a4354a6c2c668e8eaeb1f4ba.png

This comes out to £1668.26 total, is it lacking in some areas? Please let me know 🙂

So for the price of the 6060ti the 6800xt is right there and A LOT better.

A 6900xt and 6950xt are 130 pounds more but basically offer DOUBLE the performance of your selected gpu.

Another issue I see here is a 1080p 27 inch screen. You really do not want that as the resolution is simply too low. You can super easily see the pixels and AA in games is gonna be a mess tons of jagged edges.

No need for a dp cable either it's right in the case.

Ram is very slow and not worth getting.

I'd actually opt for an intel 13th gen system to get more budget free and it's also faster from the start.

37 minutes ago, jaslion said:

So for the price of the 6060ti the 6800xt is right there and A LOT better.

A 6900xt and 6950xt are 130 pounds more but basically offer DOUBLE the performance of your selected gpu.

Another issue I see here is a 1080p 27 inch screen. You really do not want that as the resolution is simply too low. You can super easily see the pixels and AA in games is gonna be a mess tons of jagged edges.

No need for a dp cable either it's right in the case.

Ram is very slow and not worth getting.

I'd actually opt for an intel 13th gen system to get more budget free and it's also faster from the start.

starting with the 6900xt, i thought about it but dont know how to fit it within my budget because its already quite up there as it is, but ill try and fit it if i can. 

Secondly, would you recomend a 24.5 inch monitor for this setup instead then to help reduce jagged edges?

i know ddr4 memory can be used wirh intel 13th gen so ill swap the vengance out with some ddr4 for this build.

Finally, what cpu and motherboard would you recommend at this price point that can game as well as the 7600? 

thanks for all your suggestions 🙂

1 hour ago, LankyMan said:

I would switch out that P3 nvme SSD with something lese like 970 Evo Plus. 

Ryzen 7600 have a stock cooler so you can skip the ID-cooling and save the money to upgrade, for example the SSD.

11 minutes ago, LankyMan said:

starting with the 6900xt, i thought about it but dont know how to fit it within my budget because its already quite up there as it is, but ill try and fit it if i can. 

Secondly, would you recomend a 24.5 inch monitor for this setup instead then to help reduce jagged edges?

i know ddr4 memory can be used wirh intel 13th gen so ill swap the vengance out with some ddr4 for this build.

Finally, what cpu and motherboard would you recommend at this price point that can game as well as the 7600? 

IF you want upgradeability. AM5 no doubt is the way to go. Intel is not going to stay on this socket.

24 minutes ago, LankyMan said:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/w8tQpH

CPU: Intel Core i5-13500 2.5 GHz 14-Core Processor  (£238.97 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK400 66.47 CFM CPU Cooler  (£34.99 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard: ASRock B760M Pro RS/D4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (£127.00 @ MoreCoCo)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  (£77.78 @ Scan.co.uk)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (£115.00 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: XFX Speedster MERC 319 Black Radeon RX 6900 XT 16 GB Video Card  (£598.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 205 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£67.99 @ AWD-IT)
Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£139.98 @ Box Limited)
Monitor: LG 24GQ50F-B 23.8" 1920 x 1080 165 Hz Monitor  (£157.90 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1558.60
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-04-20 21:52 BST+0100

Pinched every single penny.

A 6950xt is also an option it's 20 pounds more for about 6% more performance which I'd honestly take.

1 hour ago, Supersonicwolfe said:

I would switch out that P3 nvme SSD with something lese like 970 Evo Plus. 

Ryzen 7600 have a stock cooler so you can skip the ID-cooling and save the money to upgrade, for example the SSD.

the reason i wanted the AIO is for the stable temps and also enables for more stable OC which can get me some more juice from my cpu

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/w8tQpH

CPU: Intel Core i5-13500 2.5 GHz 14-Core Processor  (£238.97 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK400 66.47 CFM CPU Cooler  (£34.99 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard: ASRock B760M Pro RS/D4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (£127.00 @ MoreCoCo)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  (£77.78 @ Scan.co.uk)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (£115.00 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: XFX Speedster MERC 319 Black Radeon RX 6900 XT 16 GB Video Card  (£598.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 205 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£67.99 @ AWD-IT)
Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£139.98 @ Box Limited)
Monitor: LG 24GQ50F-B 23.8" 1920 x 1080 165 Hz Monitor  (£157.90 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1558.60
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-04-20 21:52 BST+0100

Pinched every single penny.

A 6950xt is also an option it's 20 pounds more for about 6% more performance which I'd honestly take.

i appreciate all of this, thank you very much but i have concerns for longevity because after 13th gen, intel will no longer support its newer cpus on this socket whereas AM5 is a new socket which will allow me to have one of the best chipsets now and also like 5-7 years down the line when AMD releases its final AM5 supported cpu, other than that everything else is great and well within what im looking for in a pc its just that upgradeability because if i want even to upgrade by 1 generation or more in the long run ill have to get a motherboard and some ddr5 if i havent got some already at thhat point bringing just a single cpu upgrade up to an easy £500 whereas AM5 would just need the cpu cost and thats it making it relatively cheaper in the long run, plus the ROG motherboard i found is PCIe gen 5 ready meaning the 50 series or 8000 series gpus (if theyre called that), if i ever wanted one can run at max speed no problem, thats why this build is so hard for me. I do still appreciate all that you have done for me today and i hope you have a good day 🙂 

10 hours ago, LankyMan said:

best chipsets now and also like 5-7 years down the line when AMD releases its final AM5 s

Amd supports am5 till 2025. They NEVER said anything about having such long support as am4.

10 hours ago, LankyMan said:

PCIe gen 5 ready meaning the 50 series or 8000 series gpus (if theyre called that), if i ever wanted one can run at max speed no problem, thats why this build is so hard for me. I do still appreciate all that you have done for me today and i hope you have a good day 🙂 

We are rushing through pcie standards atm. 6.0 is already on the horizon but simply put we dont need it.

The rtx 4090 is the FIRST card that has a 5% performance difference on pcie 3.0 vs 4.0. So really do not sweat it about that.

You really should ask yourself if getting a noticeably worse pc (the gpu might be a rx 6800xt if I wiggle around a bit with prices) is worth it to you.

Also keep in mind am5 is EXPENSIVE, there is FIRST GEN ddr5 rn stuff you do not want to keep in the future as it will show performance difference just like ddr4 2400 vs 3600 did.

Abother point is the 13600k is a lot better than the current consoles cpu which means it will easily last the entire generation. So really no worry there.

If you want a true all amd build I recommwnd upping the budget a little bit so you dont have to upgrade the gpu as quickly. Because we will get a decent jump in required pc power the moment the current consoles stand alone

5 hours ago, jaslion said:

Amd supports am5 till 2025. They NEVER said anything about having such long support as am4.

We are rushing through pcie standards atm. 6.0 is already on the horizon but simply put we dont need it.

The rtx 4090 is the FIRST card that has a 5% performance difference on pcie 3.0 vs 4.0. So really do not sweat it about that.

You really should ask yourself if getting a noticeably worse pc (the gpu might be a rx 6800xt if I wiggle around a bit with prices) is worth it to you.

Also keep in mind am5 is EXPENSIVE, there is FIRST GEN ddr5 rn stuff you do not want to keep in the future as it will show performance difference just like ddr4 2400 vs 3600 did.

Abother point is the 13600k is a lot better than the current consoles cpu which means it will easily last the entire generation. So really no worry there.

If you want a true all amd build I recommwnd upping the budget a little bit so you dont have to upgrade the gpu as quickly. Because we will get a decent jump in required pc power the moment the current consoles stand alone

Oh wow i just presumed am4 and 5 would have the same life length tbh as i never knew it was only lasting 2-3 years so that is certainly a factor now due to the immense inflation of my country rn so i shall go with your intel suggestion 🙂

alongside this i am not all knowledgeable on ddr5 ram speeds and pcie speed differences as im quite recent into the tech industry, i have watched linus on and off for 4 years but only got deeply into the tech industry in the last 3 months as i have found immense interest but from your many many comments it seems like you know what you are doing so i shall take all of your considerations to mind as you probably know all the ins and outs of a computer very wisely. so overall i shall see what to do with your parts list and try to come to an overall great pc using your reccomendations and looking more in depth to see what speeds do in terms of ram and all of these figures from you today have been very useful so thank you very much for this information. intel it is and will look at that list again and have a 6900xt or a 6950xt depending how much it accumulates to, have a good day 🙂