First custom loop 2 loops 1 res question

Ive been building mine and friends pcs for years now but i can finally afford to build my dream computer so this will be my first custom loop pc. i got a 13900ks with a Asus Rog Maximus z690 Extreme (could not find the z790X anywhere), a MSI 4090 Suprim X, 2 radiators (360x30 and 280x45 ) and am building this in they Hyte Y60 case. According to ekwb if i go silent it estimated 575w heat load and if i overclock it estimates 853w. So my question is since both of these parts are such power hungry monsters would it be worth splitting the loop? what i am thinking is setting up one big reservoir and putting 2 Y fittings in the system. run one loop through the cpu and one through the gpu then combining the 2 loops again at the first radiator. since splitting the line like that would reduce flow rate i was thinking of putting 2 pumps at the beginning were its splits so the gpu and cpu each have their own pump instead of just one attached to the reservoir to keep flow up. Is this even worth considering or am i way out in crazy land and way overthinking this?

Do you already have the parts?

13900ks is binned imc, not much diff from the 13900k, and besides you can just bin 13900k yourself by just buying and returning em. If you arent clocking your rams to 8000+ stick to a 13900k, if you dont need the ecores a 13700k will do and will run cooler too

Also if you are overclocking wouldnt something like an evga z690 dark be a better option?

7 minutes ago, SirDabsAlot said:

2 radiators (360x30 and 280x45 )

Those are pretty thin rads, id be looking at 60mm ones atleast, a car radiator would be prefferable but then again not everyone is a lunatic ocer nor diyer thatll throw everything out the damn window for performance

Gpu wise unless you wanna shunt mod it and control vcore with an evc2sx for 600w+ oc shenanigans then that stock cooler will be fine even for oc with msi afterburner so focus all your cooling on the cpu, the part that actually needs the cooling, especially with the rather thin rads

If you really wanna watercool the gpu even through thatll problably make the gpu run hotter than with its stock cooler then you can just go cpu -> rad -> gpu -> rad rather than splitting into 2 loops since this acheives pretty much the same thing as splitting loops, you arent gonna magically have lower temps with a split loop

11 minutes ago, SirDabsAlot said:

such power hungry monsters would it be worth splitting the loop?

Nope doesn't matter one bit in the end. The coolant will always end up balancing out in heat so same temps basically always. The flowrate of any half decent pump means the coolant doesn't even have enough time to get too hot to be an issue.

Keep it clean and keep it simple. Also you don't have a ton of space in the hyte 60 and DO NOT want to impede airflow extra.

As for airflow advice do an all intake and leave the back open. The hyte is a positive pressure case and meant for high velocity air ejection by having a ton of intake.

thank you so much for the quick response! one more question if you know i am looking at the alphacool aurora 250 reservoir and cant find any were if it will fit with the bottom mounted pump or if i will have to mount the pump next to the res. it will take a 280mm radiator in the side mount so the reservoir by itself will fit and from pictures i have seen it appears people have that pump res combo in their but i cant find anything definitive. or should i go with the small 100something mm combo they have?

46 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Do you already have the parts?

amazon listed it and i ordered it being shipped. i have the core components i am just down to ordering the custom loop parts at this point. i have always enjoyed the Asus boards i have had that was the logic there and the maximus extremes will support a pcie gen 5 card and a pcie gen 5 m.2 were if i go with the hero an m.2 will split the pcie gen 5 to 8x8. as far as the rads the case supports a 360x30 up top and the side i could go much thicker i think they said i can go up to 280x150 so i will look at the 280x 60 form alpha. i dont plan on doing any crazy oc just tune it up a bit.

3 minutes ago, SirDabsAlot said:

thank you so much for the quick response! one more question if you know i am looking at the alphacool aurora 250 reservoir and cant find any were if it will fit with the bottom mounted pump or if i will have to mount the pump next to the res. it will take a 280mm radiator in the side mount so the reservoir by itself will fit and from pictures i have seen it appears people have that pump res combo in their but i cant find anything definitive.

This Alphacool reservoir must be connected to the pump, it may be simpler and less cumbersome to opt for a pump+res combo with the reservoir on top of the pump

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Dont get me wrong i know alot of this is over kill but for a long time always wanted to build something like this and now i have the means to do it so i am just building the craziest thing i can and having fun with it

1 hour ago, SirDabsAlot said:

would it be worth splitting the loop

No

Dont get me wrong i know alot of this is over kill but for a long time always wanted to build something like this and now i have the means to do it so i am just building the craziest thing i can and having fun with it

And I salute you for it, I would do something similar if I had money to burn.

will support a pcie gen 5 card and a pcie gen 5 m.2

Do not bother thinking about Gen5, the impact will be minimal for the next few years outside of datacenters. Spend the money elsewhere, get the better board, live your life. The speed difference for GPUs is negligible and SSDs are stupid fast as is.

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

2 hours ago, SirDabsAlot said:

alphacool aurora 250

It's too big for your case you'll want a smaller res or something different.

Asus boards i have had that was the logic there and the maximus extremes will support a pcie gen 5 card and a pcie gen 5 m.2 were if i go with the hero an m.2 will split the pcie gen 5 to 8x8.

Gen 5 is years away from being usefull. By the time we have proper 5.0 gpu's that need it that 13900ks will be a low power laptop cpu :p.

Thats ok everyone enjoys pcs differently, i personally enjoy ocing the balls off pcs because its fun, especially rams where you can still do like 100%+ ocs with relative ease given good ics though i havent got a board + cpu to push my 1333 bin pscs and rev f past 2200 which sucks

although one thing i personally dont get is the obsession with very mainstream aesthetic builds where you build something that has been built thousands of times already (ex 011d with those unifans), though id understand if the motive was just liking the aesthetic and not being unique

3 hours ago, SirDabsAlot said:

amazon listed it and i ordered it being shipped. i have the core components i am just down to ordering the custom loop parts at this point. i have always enjoyed the Asus boards i have had that was the logic there and the maximus extremes will support a pcie gen 5 card and a pcie gen 5 m.2 were if i go with the hero an m.2 will split the pcie gen 5 to 8x8. as far as the rads the case supports a 360x30 up top and the side i could go much thicker i think they said i can go up to 280x150 so i will look at the 280x 60 form alpha. i dont plan on doing any crazy oc just tune it up a bit.

Gen5 is irrelevant and will be for a long time, problably longer than that pc will be relevant

I personally dont bother with brand preferences, just pure capabilities of the boards themselves, best price/performance = best board atleast thats how i look at it

Also just buy a normal 13900k or 13700k if you wont use the binned imc or the extra ecores, the former saves money and the latter will noticably impact temps to the point that the chip is actually coolable

Btw what ram? Beware of high binned rams (>6400), first of all they are unlikely to work at xmp and second of all theyre a ripoff and a 6400c32 or 6000c32/30 has the same ic and has the same 8000+ capability (hynix a die), since you have to tune the rams anyways may aswell save the money and the hassle (if you wish to tune later instead of immedeatly)

19 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Btw what ram? Beware of high binned rams (>6400), first of all they are unlikely to work at xmp and second of all theyre a ripoff and a 6400c32 or 6000c32/30 has the same ic and has the same 8000+ capability (hynix a die), since you have to tune the rams anyways may aswell save the money and the hassle (if you wish to tune later instead of immedeatly)

i have 1 set of Gskill trident 6400 cl32 32gb. i have been debating on getting a second set before i assemble though i have read ddr5 can get a lot hotter than previous gens and im not sure i want pack 4 sticks in there. i have toyed with the idea of putting a block on a 4 stack for ascetics but have been leaning on the side of not also i just realled like the look of the hyte y60 and the fact that i can replace that 45 degree piece of glass with a screen and display system info on it i am really looking forward to. as far as those uni fans i was looking at them XD cause of cable management and they do have decent static pressure.

4 minutes ago, SirDabsAlot said:

i have 1 set of Gskill trident 6400 cl32 32gb. i have been debating on getting a second set before i assemble though i have read ddr5 can get a lot hotter than previous gens and im not sure i want pack 4 sticks in there. i have toyed with the idea of putting a block on a 4 stack for ascetics but have been leaning on the side of not also i just realled like the look of the hyte y60 and the fact that i can replace that 45 degree piece of glass with a screen and display system info on it i am really looking forward to.

Just stick with your current set, dual rank ddr5 is kinda shit right now, doesnt clock as high as single rank and not huge benifits like on ddr4 although theyre still there just not that big of a benifit going dual rank ddr5 when you can clock single rank to 8000+

debatable if wc will help ram temps, a fan is pretty much all you need to cool rams, only step further then that would be chilling the rams with a waterchiller loop or phase change and run them sub zero

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Just stick with your current set, dual rank ddr5 is kinda shit right now, doesnt clock as high as single rank and not huge benifits like on ddr4 although theyre still there just not that big of a benifit going dual rank ddr5 when you can clock single rank to 8000+

debatable if wc will help ram temps, a fan is pretty much all you need to cool rams, only step further then that would be chilling the rams with a waterchiller loop or phase change and run them sub zero

well the good quality ram blocks probably could make a difference but there like $500 a pare...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links