Windows reset without losing MS Office

Looking to purchase a used laptop. The listing says that it comes with MS Office Pro. I want to keep at very least MS Office (if it's licensed on the system) but because its used I want to clean out the system with a reset. 

Is there a way to clean out the system without losing certain apps? I just don't want to miss out on a Microsoft office license and need to pay for a new one. 

1 hour ago, HonestyLL said:

Looking to purchase a used laptop. The listing says that it comes with MS Office Pro. I want to keep at very least MS Office (if it's licensed on the system) but because its used I want to clean out the system with a reset. 

Is there a way to clean out the system without losing certain apps? I just don't want to miss out on a Microsoft office license and need to pay for a new one. 

No. If you are Fully Reinstalling Windows, Or Just Resetting windows, You are wiping it. you cant pick to keep your license and Nothing Else. i don't know why someone would ever Sell their Used laptop without Wiping it first to begin with.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

4 hours ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

No. If you are Fully Reinstalling Windows, Or Just Resetting windows, You are wiping it. you cant pick to keep your license and Nothing Else. i don't know why someone would ever Sell their Used laptop without Wiping it first to begin with.

OK. I'm not sure if they're tech savvy enough to reset before selling. They might have just deleted their own files. Thanks for the response I'll have to gage what I'm gunna do when I get to be hands on with the laptop 

Ask them if they have the product key for the MS Office or not. If they have the MS Office product key, then you can activate the MS Office again after clean reinstall.

What version of the Office? 

I edit my posts more often than not

11 hours ago, HonestyLL said:

The other comments are right. 

When selling the machine, you should securely erase the drive first. 

If they bought office and they will part with it in the same and don't want to budge, it can be installed again and they should have gotten a key for it. 

There are also programs that can retrieve local keys from the machine as an option if the key is lost before the drive is wiped. 

It's possible that Office may be part of the recovery image, so when you do a factory reset it will also reinstall Office with it. If not, then they are suppose to come with a phamplet with the Office Key on it so it can be reinstalled and reactivated.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Do Office keys get tied to your Microsoft account the way Windows keys do these days?

Razer Blade 14 (RZ09-0508x): AMD Ryzen 9 8945HS, nVidia GeForce RTX 4070, 64 GB 5200 DDR5, Win11 Pro [Workhorse/Gaming]

Apple MacBook Pro 14 (A2442): Apple M1 Pro APU (8 Core), 16 GB Unified Memory, macOS Sonoma 14.3 [Creative Rig]

Samsung GalaxyBook Pro (NP930QDB-KF4CA): Intel Core i7-1165G7, 16 GB DDR4, Win11 Pro [WinTablet]

HP Envy 15-k257ca: Intel Core i5 5200U, nVidia GeForce 840M, 16GB 1600 DDR3, Win7 Pro [Retro]

Toshiba Satellite A70-S2591:  Intel Pentium 4 538, ATI Radeon 9000 IGP, 1.5 GB DDR RAM, WinXP Pro [Antique]

Thanks all for the replies, I haven't been able to check the answers to most of the questions as I can only get so much information without getting the system in. I appreciate all the help!!