First Time Build Advice

Budget (including currency): ~$3000 CAD (give or take)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft, Valorant, Cyberpunk 2077, HL Legacy, VS Code, IntelliJ

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 
I have all the peripherals I'll ever need, and then some more

I'd like to get some 27inch 1440p 144hz monitors. I currently have two monitors that I use hooked up to my MacBook which I will use until I decide to get new monitors. Suggestions for good gaming monitors would be really appreciated! (They can be outside of the budget stated above, they would be bought at a later date most likely)

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/9BCZVw

This is the list of components me and a friend picked out, I've been told it might be a bit overkill for what I'm planning to do, but I really just don't want any bottlenecks whatsoever, as well as some future proofing

If anyone has any advice on what I should change and what choices are actually idiotic, I would really appreciate it!

Yeah it looks fine. I'd maybe check and see what 13600k pricing is like though.

The only thing I'd maybe change is the case to one of the 4000x airflow ones.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, Saymoan said:

Budget (including currency): ~$3000 CAD (give or take)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft, Valorant, Cyberpunk 2077, HL Legacy, VS Code, IntelliJ

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 
I have all the peripherals I'll ever need, and then some more

I'd like to get some 27inch 1440p 144hz monitors. I currently have two monitors that I use hooked up to my MacBook which I will use until I decide to get new monitors. Suggestions for good gaming monitors would be really appreciated! (They can be outside of the budget stated above, they would be bought at a later date most likely)

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/9BCZVw

This is the list of components me and a friend picked out, I've been told it might be a bit overkill for what I'm planning to do, but I really just don't want any bottlenecks whatsoever, as well as some future proofing

If anyone has any advice on what I should change and what choices are actually idiotic, I would really appreciate it!

looks fine for 1440p. 

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/BWTFRv

Thsi is a better build. A 5800x3d instead of 5800x, the 3d is a better gaming CPU. There is no need to go wih a 1299 ROG strix 4070ti, changed that to a TUF 4070 ti and you save 200, voila. Also changed the CPU cooler to a cheaper one, you dont need a 250 dollar CPU cooler. Last change, a bigger case went to a 5000D airflow case because in the 4000D airflow the 4070 ti would fit but barely, 5.5 cm gap to the end of the 4000d. With the 5000d there is a 11.5 CM gap. The build I have giving is about 200 dollars cheaper than the one you made and with better performance.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

Thank you both for the advice! I made some changes to my build. Do you think the 850w power supply I chose is enough, or would I be better off getting like a 1000w power supply?