How to fix AMD driver timeout bug ?

i use asus tuf x670e +wifi MB

amd ryzen 9 7900x CPU  and sapphire radeon rx 7900xt GPU 

32gb ram kit of corsair dominator ddr5 5200mhz ,msi mag 850 w PSU.

No matter what game i turn on just after few min i get a crash report wich ussually says ( amd software detected that a driver timeout has occured )

the things that i have tried are -drivers update and downgrade. disabling multi-plane overlay . checking all windows updates , dissabling hardware acceleration on chrome, uninstaling windows updates , changing power plan to best performence,

disabling fast startup, i even checked for overheating and overcloking issues. nothing helped . 

41 minutes ago, Hextex said:

i use asus tuf x670e +wifi MB

amd ryzen 9 7900x CPU  and sapphire radeon rx 7900xt GPU 

32gb ram kit of corsair dominator ddr5 5200mhz ,msi mag 850 w PSU.

No matter what game i turn on just after few min i get a crash report wich ussually says ( amd software detected that a driver timeout has occured )

the things that i have tried are -drivers update and downgrade. disabling multi-plane overlay . checking all windows updates , dissabling hardware acceleration on chrome, uninstaling windows updates , changing power plan to best performence,

disabling fast startup, i even checked for overheating and overcloking issues. nothing helped . 

What do you mean by overclocking issues, do you run OC on a 850W PSU? You are already cutting it close here so why add instability here. A decent 1000W or more PSU would be a better choice for that system. The error only means that the hardware did reset because of instability. Now that can be software (game), general OS or driver related. If we rule out game because you've tried newer stuff and even basic older games and all do crash than we have bad drivers or something is wrong with the hardware itself. If you can rule out thermals here then you are left with power. However on the OS side, if all games you play are DX based titles that may use some sort of launcher, you may want to install the old .Net Framework 3.5 and 4.0 packs as those are commonly used in games even though outdated. Windows only includes the updated libraries and that may cause the issue here. Again, make sure to run the system without any OC in stock config, also try disabling PBO. If that helps, you either have a thermal or power issue

i never OC my pc . it was just a suggestion that i read wich i just checked

• 5 months later...