buying used from microcenter

neskin
Go to solution Solved by deadlou666,

Yeah those sides are OK used. If u use ebay make sure they are good seller. I'd recomend not going 2nd hand with storage and psu though as it'll really bite you if they don't work. 

Budget (including currency): 450

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Solidworks Catia MSFS and VR

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

What are your feelings on buying used parts because if I do then I can cut down on cost. My items will be from microcenter for used amazon(prime only, shipped by amazon only, 1-2day shipping)

PS: Forgot to mention this will be a long term build(will buy each item on sale so I won't have  a gpu for maybe a year or 2)

Yeah those sides are OK used. If u use ebay make sure they are good seller. I'd recomend not going 2nd hand with storage and psu though as it'll really bite you if they don't work. 

I only build from used parts (mostly). Great way to save money, and I find the journey far more fun than buying new.

Don't leave eBay out of the mix. You can find some absolutely killer deals on there. I got my $400+ case for $80, and it's basically new.

Do not buy over the course of 2 years. You'll end up with a terribly unbalanced system. Just save up, and buy when you have the money.

Welcome to the forum.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

13 hours ago, neskin said:

Forgot to mention this will be a long term build(will buy each item on sale so I won't have  a gpu for maybe a year or 2)

Don't do this.  Buy everything at once.  Are you really gonna start buying stuff now to have a computer to use in 2 years?  

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

My plan is to build a system that can be used to run mathematical conjectures overnight nonstop(kinda like bitcoin mining except less complex and a very simple python program about 10 lines) So I'll be using integrated graphics until I can get a gpu(or a new one have an old GIGABYTE GT 420 2GB 128-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x 16 ATX Video Graphics Cards GV-N420-2GI REV3 around here somewhere. I also have some questions about this motherboard and rgb for this case

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0916P7CP5?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QKV6HP9/?coliid=I20T2L40G69TPG&colid=MHXBI7A7JEX9&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WNGN9X4/?coliid=I28GECVL6YPNQO&colid=MHXBI7A7JEX9&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

1) good mobo choice will be gr8

2) are the rgb 100% necessary or did u just want a case? If u just wanted a case then I Recomend a Corsair 4000d (in the uk they're 80 quid so I'm guessing around 100 dollars) and will be waaaaaay better than those but if rgb are nesessary (and I'm guessing this isn't ur main rig?) then either case wud be fine

29 minutes ago, deadlou666 said:

1) good mobo choice will be gr8

2) are the rgb 100% necessary or did u just want a case? If u just wanted a case then I Recomend a Corsair 4000d (in the uk they're 80 quid so I'm guessing around 100 dollars) and will be waaaaaay better than those but if rgb are nesessary (and I'm guessing this isn't ur main rig?) then either case wud be fine

Not required but I do like the case and figure I'm going to have it for 15 years so my at well be able to control it (Really into Aura sync) I currently and running a rog strix but would like one to sit idle I don't prefer or enjoy desktops but oh well

In which case (pun intended), the first case is alot better than number 2 

7 minutes ago, deadlou666 said:

In which case (pun intended), the first case is alot better than number 2 

first case I'm not familar with rgb controllers(for a pc) and if will be compatible 

You plug the rgb connectors to the conrroller and then all of that into the board (near the ram sticks), should come with a manual on how if not u can always come and ask for help. 

just checking that it has the pins and connectors allowed to do it Since I'll also be using it for VR RGB'S actually help in seeing

if anyone has any cooler advice that'd be nice I'm considering a cheap $20 one then towards then of the year getting a watercooled radiator along with a gpu