Cpu pillows still processing die to promotion?

m9x3mos
Go to solution Solved by Adam Pilolla,

Coordinating the giveaway has taken significantly longer than planned; sorry for any trouble that this might be causing. 😞

The biggest reason for this is because, by Canadian law, when we select giveaway winners we have to contact them and have them answer a skills test question (usually a math problem of some kind). Everybody needs to be given a reasonable amount of time to do that. Then, when a few people inevitably don't reply within the deadline we need to be able to select additional winners, which is why everybody's order needs to be held until the entire giveaway is completed.

We do have some ideas for how we might streamline this process if/when we do future giveaways. Lots of lessons being learned, etc. etc. Just know that your feedback on this is being heard loud and clear.

The good news is that we're almost done and I expect to be able to give the go ahead to ship any remaining unfulfilled orders next week. 😄

I was wondering if the time frame for cpu pillow shipments is running behind due to the promo? I ordered back in the 18th and the order still shows as unfulfilled. Wondering if this is too be expected still. 

8 hours ago, m9x3mos said:

I was wondering if the time frame for cpu pillow shipments is running behind due to the promo? I ordered back in the 18th and the order still shows as unfulfilled. Wondering if this is too be expected still. 

I contacted support earlier this week about this same issue, and was told that the cpu giveaway was delaying order fufillment. While this was  their explanation, I don't think it explains why some orders have sat unfufilled for almost 3 weeks now. The cpu giveaway description says that the winners would be determined as orders are fufilled, not wait until pillows sold out, then start fufililing and giving away cpus. There is at least one post on Linus Tech Tips reddit page of someone receiving their order along with a free cpu. I ordered on 3/17 right after their annoucment, and my order is still unfufilled. How have some received their orders, while others placed right after their annocement haven't even been fufilled. Seems like they are a bit disorganized at creator wharehouse. If cpu winner orders are being shipped first, I'm tempted to cancel my order since it seems less likely I won at this point, and this delay and lack of communication is ridiculous.

They are also still advertising the caribiner zipper pulls on the backpacks without any warning/note of the defective design about them breaking easily. A bit shady on that one, as I'm sure some buyers are unaware of the issue.

Coordinating the giveaway has taken significantly longer than planned; sorry for any trouble that this might be causing. 😞

The biggest reason for this is because, by Canadian law, when we select giveaway winners we have to contact them and have them answer a skills test question (usually a math problem of some kind). Everybody needs to be given a reasonable amount of time to do that. Then, when a few people inevitably don't reply within the deadline we need to be able to select additional winners, which is why everybody's order needs to be held until the entire giveaway is completed.

We do have some ideas for how we might streamline this process if/when we do future giveaways. Lots of lessons being learned, etc. etc. Just know that your feedback on this is being heard loud and clear.

The good news is that we're almost done and I expect to be able to give the go ahead to ship any remaining unfulfilled orders next week. 😄

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro

Gotta love them Canadian laws against gambling. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

5 hours ago, Adam Pilolla said:

Quick question about that. Would it go to the email the order was placed with our the email from PayPal that the payment was made from? 

Also what email would be the source, want to make sure it isn't in spam filter. 

Quick question about that. Would it go to the email the order was placed with our the email from PayPal that the payment was made from? 

The email that you entered when placing your order.

Also what email would be the source, want to make sure it isn't in spam filter. 

support@lttstore.com

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro

24 minutes ago, Erioch said:

Do you have to answer correctly?

If you don't does that mean you are a bot?

On 4/7/2023 at 8:20 PM, Adam Pilolla said:

First, thank you for letting us know. 

I will try to ask, is possible in case to add another order to that because is still stuck there for the time being?

Thank you

On 4/7/2023 at 11:06 PM, Erioch said:

Do you have to answer correctly?

I would imagine the answer is yes. Its usually just a simple addition or subtraction question like what is the answer to 5+6 or something simple like that. This is just done to verify you're a human. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

32 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

I would imagine the answer is yes. Its usually just a simple addition or subtraction question like what is the answer to 5+6 or something simple like that. This is just done to verify you're a human. 

People have to buy a pillow to enter so they wouldn't need to try and weed out bot entrants like with free to enter giveaways. It's actually due to Canada's laws regarding gambling. Contests that require a purchase or payment to enter are considered gambling. They can get around this by making it a skill based contest or a mix of random and skill based contest. It can be as simple as being able to complete a simple maths problem like 5+6 as a test of skill to get around the gambling laws.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skill_testing_question

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

On 4/7/2023 at 2:20 PM, Adam Pilolla said:

That wouldn't explain how some people have already received orders, while at least some who placed their orders a few minutes after the annoucement haven't had their order even fufilled yet. Orders are supposed to be fufilled in the same order as received correct? Since some have been received that means the prize drawing is complete,(per your prize process explnation) and for some unkown reason my order has been shifted to end of the fufillment list. Probably will just cancel my double threadripper pillow order at this point, until you guys get you logistics figured out. 3 weeks and zero order updates is inexcusable, especially when no mention of dealys ever mentioned.

7 hours ago, miker07 said:

That wouldn't explain how some people have already received orders, while at least some who placed their orders a few minutes after the annoucement haven't had their order even fufilled yet. Orders are supposed to be fufilled in the same order as received correct? Since some have been received that means the prize drawing is complete,(per your prize process explnation) and for some unkown reason my order has been shifted to end of the fufillment list. Probably will just cancel my double threadripper pillow order at this point, until you guys get you logistics figured out. 3 weeks and zero order updates is inexcusable, especially when no mention of dealys ever mentioned.

I was actually searching the web to see if I could find an answer to why my pillow, or hopefully pillow and cpu combo shows up. My wife ordered a couchripper pillow about 2-3 minutes total after the announcement was live, and ours still says being processed as well. I just checked it a few minutes ago.  I was hoping this was good news like maybe I’m on the right list.. 😅 either way, can’t wait to hear updates on this. 

19 hours ago, OvercookedSteak said:

I was actually searching the web to see if I could find an answer to why my pillow, or hopefully pillow and cpu combo shows up. My wife ordered a couchripper pillow about 2-3 minutes total after the announcement was live, and ours still says being processed as well. I just checked it a few minutes ago.  I was hoping this was good news like maybe I’m on the right list.. 😅 either way, can’t wait to hear updates on this. 

According to Adam’s post, they’re essentially holding all orders until either the winners answer the question or time runs out, and the reason they’re holding all the other orders is so if the offer runs out for the winners, they can draw for another order that’s being held.

2 hours ago, ndratz91 said:

According to Adam’s post, they’re essentially holding all orders until either the winners answer the question or time runs out, and the reason they’re holding all the other orders is so if the offer runs out for the winners, they can draw for another order that’s being held.

That was my takeaway as well. Waiting for my email...

The thing is, they would have only taken enough order for the promotion to satisfy the stated odds. 

Odds of winning are 12/100 (3/25). 

There are 204 prizes available in total.

So there were 1700 pillows sold. 

If you bought during the available period, I think you're still in the running, seems to be some point ending March 27th per the update on the LTT Store

What we don't know what the reasonable timeline is or how many winners they're waiting on getting the skill testing question back from. 

Got a pillow shipment notification at noon central today. No CPU for me. 

2 hours ago, silversoleil said:

Got a pillow shipment notification at noon central today. No CPU for me. 

Got my notification at the same time (13:21 eastern). Seems like no CPU for me either. Now I wonder how long it'll sit at "Shipment Data Received", with them having to ship about 1500 packages. 

7 hours ago, bogenator said:

Got my notification at the same time (13:21 eastern). Seems like no CPU for me either. Now I wonder how long it'll sit at "Shipment Data Received", with them having to ship about 1500 packages. 

Same here. Still excited to get the pillow even though I didn't get a cpu.