Windows 10 vs 11 Battery life.

Go to solution Solved by GeorgeB123,

I've tried both win 10 and 11 on old and new Lenovo laptops. They behave about the same if you use them for the same stuff in a similar manner. It may vary due to driver optimizations or lack of. If you take some extra time to optimize the OS you could probably achieve even better battery life on 11 imo. (Ofcourse you could also tweak win 10 and improve its battery life further instead).

Keep in mind that a fresh OS install or upgrade may have reduced battery life for a while until it builds some caches and whatnot.
As long as your laptop covers the system requirements for windows 11 and your battery isn't nearly dead all the time, I would expect you to have a similar experience on both and you should probably pick whichever you prefer.

Doesn't hurt googling some laptop battery optimizations tips and tricks. 🙂

On a side note - Windows 11 is supposed to be getting only better with time since Microsoft and OEM devs are focusing more on it now.

Hello!

I was wandering if anyone was any experience with windows 11 on the laptop side of things. I'm thinking about updating to win11 but from what I read online it has a big impact on battery life, in a bad way. I am using my laptop mostly plugged in and only occasionally on battery power for uni courses, etc, so I kind of need it.

Does anyone have clue how laptops behave?

I've tried both win 10 and 11 on old and new Lenovo laptops. They behave about the same if you use them for the same stuff in a similar manner. It may vary due to driver optimizations or lack of. If you take some extra time to optimize the OS you could probably achieve even better battery life on 11 imo. (Ofcourse you could also tweak win 10 and improve its battery life further instead).

Keep in mind that a fresh OS install or upgrade may have reduced battery life for a while until it builds some caches and whatnot.
As long as your laptop covers the system requirements for windows 11 and your battery isn't nearly dead all the time, I would expect you to have a similar experience on both and you should probably pick whichever you prefer.

Doesn't hurt googling some laptop battery optimizations tips and tricks. 🙂

On a side note - Windows 11 is supposed to be getting only better with time since Microsoft and OEM devs are focusing more on it now.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, just switch to 11, if you like teh Design more. it's not like anything "needs" Windows 11 to run in first place.
You'd be fine with 10 for the next 2,5 years tho, maybe Windows 12 comes out by then.

Btw, i personally switched to Windows 10 on the Day it launched, when most people didn't like 10 and kept Windows 7.

I never looked back and thought of Windows 10 as superior from Day 1.

If my Desktop Computer had a newer CPU, i would've upgradet to 11 already too.