PC wont boot after sudden POP.

Jahamas123

Was playing war thunder when suddenly I hear a pop from my PC and all the lights turn off except for the ram lights. I unplug it and plug it back in and same thing happens, ram lights turn on but nothing else turns on. Was working perfectly fine before and this is very sudden. 

Specs are:

Ryzen 5 5600x

MSI Suprim RTX 3070

Corsair Vengeance RGB pro sl

Corsair h100i elite capellix

Aorus exite ax (wifi)

Corsair RM 750x

lol, i mean if a new psu doesnt fix it, you friend something like the cpu or ram somehow

could just be a dead psu tho

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

23 minutes ago, Jahamas123 said:

Was playing war thunder when suddenly I hear a pop from my PC and all the lights turn off except for the ram lights. I unplug it and plug it back in and same thing happens, ram lights turn on but nothing else turns on. Was working perfectly fine before and this is very sudden. 

a pop sound is never good. Definitely could have been your PSU that went pop and fried something.  The RM750x is a very high quality PSU though with a 10 year warranty.  Check all the cables from the PSU to the PC and check all the connections to see if anything looks fried, melted or discoloured. Try to remove the CMOS battery for 5 minutes.

1. Try testing the PSU using paperclip method

2. Try looking at your motherboard's component and see if there's anything that looks blown. (Capacitors, etc)

3. Same with #2 but with your GPU.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Checked GPU everything looks fine. PSU makes some funny noises when I turn it on. In the process of getting it RMA'd now. Luckily, everything I bought is still under warranty. Tried CMOS battery and tried different RAM. Almost 100% sure its the PSU. PC is just gonna be out of commission for now. Just gonna keep most of the components out of the PC for now like to GPU etc. Thanks for the help. 

In addition to what Poinkachu said, also do the "Sniff test". But I'm pretty sure it's a blown capacitor in the RM 750x.

36 minutes ago, Jahamas123 said:

Checked GPU everything looks fine. PSU makes some funny noises when I turn it on. In the process of getting it RMA'd now. Luckily, everything I bought is still under warranty. Tried CMOS battery and tried different RAM. Almost 100% sure its the PSU. PC is just gonna be out of commission for now. Just gonna keep most of the components out of the PC for now like to GPU etc. Thanks for the help. 

Now you just need to get a replacement PSU and hope nothing downstream got fried with it. PSUs are somewhat notorious for taking other components with them when they die, but I suppose there is some hope if the RAM lights still work.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Yea @Crunchy Dragon if it does break the GPU or mobo for example, do you think I can RMA the gpu too? Just wondering since ive never had to RMA something before. 

1 hour ago, Jahamas123 said:

Yea @Crunchy Dragon if it does break the GPU or mobo for example, do you think I can RMA the gpu too? Just wondering since ive never had to RMA something before. 

If everything is still covered by warranty, then yeah you can RMA everything that needs to be replaced.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Yeah I've seen this / had this happen before. 100% it's the PSU that's blown. Hopefully your other components have survived. Slightly unnerving as I have exactly the same PSU in my new rig...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | M/B: Asus TUF GAMING B650-PLUS | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz CL36 | GPU: Asus 8GB GeForce RTX 3070 Dual OC V2 | SSD1: 1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 (PCIe 4.0) M.2 NVMe | SSD2: 2TB Crucial P3 (PCIe 3.0) M.2 NVMe | PSU: Corsair RMx 750W | Monitor: Asus VG27AQ1A (2560x1440 @ 165hz)

So quick update, I got a new PSU and the system still has the same problem. Any ideas on what could be causing this problem? @MisterCrow

15 hours ago, Jahamas123 said:

So quick update, I got a new PSU and the system still has the same problem. Any ideas on what could be causing this problem? @MisterCrow

More than likely, the PSU took the motherboard down with it when it blew.

27 minutes ago, narendb said:

Im gonna still RMA my PSU, shipping it today. Made a Gigabyte ticket and sending it to the Gigabyte repair shop tomorrow

1 hour ago, narendb said:

^^This

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | M/B: Asus TUF GAMING B650-PLUS | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz CL36 | GPU: Asus 8GB GeForce RTX 3070 Dual OC V2 | SSD1: 1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 (PCIe 4.0) M.2 NVMe | SSD2: 2TB Crucial P3 (PCIe 3.0) M.2 NVMe | PSU: Corsair RMx 750W | Monitor: Asus VG27AQ1A (2560x1440 @ 165hz)