Corsair H60x RGB ELITE in a corsair 4000d airflow tg with 4x120mm case fans

gasolin

Corsair H60x RGB ELITE in a corsair 4000d airflow tg + 4x120mm case fans 

I think the aio in the rear but some say in the front

In the top rear a 120mm fan or else it will take some of the cooler air from the top front fan and exhaust it with absolutely no advantage, 3 in the front

The hose down instead of up ?

What do you think ?

What are you running this on?

120 AIOs aren't that performant, and have very limited TDPs they can deal with for a CPU.

22 minutes ago, gasolin said:

In the top rear a 120mm or else it will take some of the cooler air from the top front fan and exhaust it with absolutely no advantage,

Not really,  if you mean a rad, but correct if you mean a fan. If the rad is sucking up the air from the front fans, it's going to do a better job cooling the CPU, but I suspect you meant a fan. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

30 minutes ago, gasolin said:

The hose down instead of up ?

The point where the tube connect to the rad should be above the level of the pump head. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

so how do i mount it (placement suggestions)and the fans for the best temps 

58 minutes ago, gasolin said:

so how do i mount it (placement suggestions)and the fans for the best temps 

The top. You can run a simple test after everything is in place. Run HWinfo64 or any other program that can show temperatures and fan speed.  Run something that makes your computer heat up, something reproducible, and write down temps and speeds.  Then remove the rear fan and do it again to see if it makes a difference. 

1 hour ago, gasolin said:

the picture also say tubes down

That's so air gets trapped in the rad,  not the pump, which would kill it eventually.

If the rear fan doesn't fit with the rad on, mount it on the outside. 

I did mount it in the top (as suggested), not as close to the rear fan as i can, no problem at all and it even don't have the tiny gap i use to have with a 240mm aio do to higher screws

Though the pump wasn't running at max speed but the speed is only 2000-2100 rpm

The fan ran at 900 rpm below 75c in aida 64 cpu and gpu stresstest, lowered it a little, would lowering the pump speed  do a little to the sound, it didn't, not 100% silent,quiet BUT it is very silent,quiet (no air in the pump), better then the cheap 240 lite from cooler master and the first gen artic freezer II, also good compared to a kraken x63

Stand off screws have 2 sizes,one end thicker then the other end, thin end is for the screws to thighten the cooler,pump, doesn't say that anywhere, the thick end and thinner end,threads is compatible with the amd 4 back plate but the thick threads make it hard to thighten the cooler,pump, use the thinner end

low usage temps is as good as a dark rock pro 4

So do you need any further help?

not atm 🙂

Now im ready for intel 12 or 13 gen or am 5, what ever my next upgrade will be in the future (and a much more easy change of thermal paste without having to taking my gpu out of my mb).