EVGA Power Supplies

Geekazoid

Hi all,

I'm interested in anyone's thoughts about EVGA PSUs? Especially from those who own then.

Are they reliable and who manufactures them, SeaSonic or who?

Thanks in advance.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I've heard that they are pretty good though I have never owned one, also as far as I know it is a company called FSP or something like that.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

They're really well built and have a 10 year warranty here in aus

One of the best power supplies on the market.

Their 1000 watt line is probably hands down the best value and build quality at that price point.

The 1000 p2 can be used at any load without turning the fan on until 45 c internal PSU temp, it has a 10 year warranty, all jap caps, fully modular.. The list goes on and on, and it's only 200$ :D

The cables BLOW though, but EVGA just released new custom cable options on their website.

Superflower OEM's them I believe they're a well renowned company in Europe for PSU's?

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

@quan289 Go nuts.

Also, the 10 year warranty EVGA offers is a little dubious. It is only 10 years when you register with EVGA, which most users don't know they have to do. Without registering the warranty is a measly 3 years.

@quan289 Go nuts.

Also, the 10 year warranty EVGA offers is a little dubious. It is only 10 years when you register with EVGA, which most users don't know they have to do. Without registering the warranty is a measly 3 years.

I got know problems with registering. They're a great company. Thanks for that bit of info.

They're really well built and have a 10 year warranty here in aus

So any of these (http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=15_1619&zenid=1471bb0370926c706230c355aef3f4f2) EVGA PSUs will be quite fine? :D

Pretty much though I don't know why they're on preorder as we've had them for a month or two.

They might be temporarily out of stock.

I've got a EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 PSU and i'm happy with it. I first wanted to go for a corsair ax860, but decided to go EVGA and didn't regret doing so. All cables are black, which is great. Can't hear the fan at all. And the 10 year warranty that comes with it is just sick o.0

The manufacturer is Superflower leadex or something. It's a respected manufacturer and I think it's safe to say they're at Seasonic's lvl when it comes to PSU quality.

Also, EVGA just recently released individually sleeved cables for their G2/P2 PSU line.

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

I've got a EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 PSU and i'm happy with it. I first wanted to go for a corsair ax860, but decided to go EVGA and didn't regret doing so. All cables are black, which is great. Can't hear the fan at all. And the 10 year warranty that comes with it is just sick o.0The manufacturer is Superflower leadex or something. It's a respected manufacturer and I think it's safe to say they're at Seasonic's lvl when it comes to PSU quality.Also, EVGA just recently released individually sleeved cables for their G2/P2 PSU line.

I've noticed that they're have red cables for the PCIe cables which would look unsightly in a black and white themed case. :(

Pretty much though I don't know why they're on preorder as we've had them for a month or two.

Can you tell me, when it comes to dimensions, do EVGA count the handle on the back, or just the case itself? I'm building in a prodigy and space is scarce :P

@quan289 Go nuts.

still pretty impressive

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

I've noticed that they're have red cables for the PCIe cables which would look unsightly in a black and white themed case. :(

How much watt are u going for? The 750w and 850w were released about 2 months ago and have 100% black cables including the pcie.

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

I read somewhere that the PSU's from EVGA is comparable to those of Seasonics but the price is better. Will try to find the article, it was from a reputable computer hardware site.

Edit: The EVGA PSU's are made by SuperFlower wich is a reputable company. Couldn't fin the site with the quote so you will have to take my word for it. Here are two reviews on their 1000w and 1300w PSU's from jonnyguru.

EVGA Supernova G2 1300W http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=349 

EVGA Supernova P2 1000W http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=361

-Sir Snipsalot-

I just gotta say. Cool profile pic dude! :D

still pretty impressive

It's not even that impressive when you consider that they are trying to deceive most of their customers with promises of exceptional warranties but hoping they won't read the fine print and receive only a 3 year warranty. They are financially able to do that because some (I would guess more than half) don't register, so they are able to give a 10 year warranty only to some people and a 3 year to the others. Contrast that with Corsair and Seasonic among others who give 5 and 7 year warranties without deceiving. Everyone gets it, regardless of registration.

It's not even that impressive when you consider that they are trying to deceive most of their customers with promises of exceptional warranties but hoping they won't read the fine print and receive only a 3 year warranty. They are financially able to do that because some (I would guess more than half) don't register, so they are able to give a 10 year warranty only to some people and a 3 year to the others. Contrast that with Corsair and Seasonic among others who give 5 and 7 year warranties without deceiving. Everyone gets it, regardless of registration.

I believe they come with a piece of paper telling you to register. My GPU did.

I believe EVGA PSU uses Superflower OEM internals. Superflower is highly regarded as their PSU are well built and on par with Seasonic. EVGA uses their leadex line up AFAIK.

Also, from what I heard EVGA did not put in cheap caps like what corsair did to their RM series.

I'm running the EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W G2, it is a superflower, but its been a really good PSU.

But like said before, the cables do suck, especially the SATA cables, they are rounded and hard to manage in certain cases.

Where can you get the cable kit?

I'm running the EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W G2, it is a superflower, but its been a really good PSU.

But like said before, the cables do suck, especially the SATA cables, they are rounded and hard to manage in certain cases.

Evga.com > Shop > power supplies > P2/G2 set pick your color and blablabla :P

Evga.com > Shop > power supplies > P2/G2 set pick your color and blablabla :P

Here

They look good, I wish they had yellow for the MPower build I want to do.

I'm an EVGA PSU fan now. Been using their 650G for a while now, no issues. Looking at the 1000 P2 for later when I upgrade again.

I did not find any deception. It was clearly stated that you need to register for the full 10 year warranty. If you didn't then you either don't care, or too lazy to take the 5 seconds to skim the paperwork for anything important such as that. There the fault lies on the user.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!