X370 upgrading 1800x to 5800x 5900x 5950x or 5800x3d

I play and am only looking for performance on Mortal Online 2, I will buy whichever of these processors (or any other that socket into AM4 X370 Crosshair VI Hero) that will give me the best performance in specifically this game.

The rest of my hardware G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz 16gb. 1TB 970 evo. Windows 10. EVGA 2080ti Black Edition. Running 2560x1440 24" 165hz Dell S2417DG, I would like to be able to use my 3440x1440 1440p 120hz AW3420DW ultrawide though.

I truly care about 1% lows, I could care less about the highest possible framerate I will get, I only care about what the bottom 1% of frames will be when im in combat with 20+ people, in the worst kinds of combat conditions. Its these 1% lows, stutters, hitching, bottlenecking that ruins the experience completely, and i'll do what i can with $320 on AM4 to combat as much of this as I can.

appreciate any help I get

96MB cache going to outperform higher clock speeds and single core performance in the 5800x3d compared to the others?

24 minutes ago, GuyWithProblem said:

I play and am only looking for performance on Mortal Online 2, I will buy whichever of these processors (or any other that socket into AM4 X370 Crosshair VI Hero) that will give me the best performance in specifically this game.

The rest of my hardware G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz 16gb. 1TB 970 evo. Windows 10. EVGA 2080ti Black Edition. Running 2560x1440 24" 165hz Dell S2417DG, I would like to be able to use my 3440x1440 1440p 120hz AW3420DW ultrawide though.

I truly care about 1% lows, I could care less about the highest possible framerate I will get, I only care about what the bottom 1% of frames will be when im in combat with 20+ people, in the worst kinds of combat conditions. Its these 1% lows, stutters, hitching, bottlenecking that ruins the experience completely, and i'll do what i can with $320 on AM4 to combat as much of this as I can.

appreciate any help I get

96MB cache going to outperform higher clock speeds and single core performance in the 5800x3d compared to the others?

if its at the same price, with a 2080 ti, you might as well get the 5950x because between the 5800x3d and the 5950x there actually isn't much in it> If its 100 bucks or more than the 5800x3d then don't bother. Even the 5900x matches it (in some scenarions, don't know about your specific game)

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

25 minutes ago, GuyWithProblem said:

Properly tuned subtimings on rams alleviates or outright eliminates bad 1% lows afaik but an equivalent would be the 5800x3d since it doesnt scale from rams >3200 due to the massive cache

If the freq is too low for your liking just bclk it to 4.7-4.8 if youve got the cooling (bclk damage and corruption has no solid evidence grow up)

As your looking to run games I would go 5800X3D

I am running a 5900x myself and in most games the 5800X3D I believe has something like a 6-10% performance gain across most games I play.

I bought the 5900x before the X3D was released so simply stick with what i have.

47 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Properly tuned subtimings on rams alleviates or outright eliminates bad 1% lows afaik but an equivalent would be the 5800x3d since it doesnt scale from rams >3200 due to the massive cache

my ram is F4-3200C16D-16GTZR, DDR4-3200 CL 16-18-18-38 1.35v 8Gx2

My motherboard has 5 slots for the 4 timings to go into and to this day i don't know if i've put them in correctly, is this subtimings? also, my stability with the game is so terrible at 3200 i actually went down to like 3133 and the game stopped crashing so i think this subtimings thing is probably a lot of my issues since you mention that.

53 minutes ago, GuyWithProblem said:

my ram is F4-3200C16D-16GTZR, DDR4-3200 CL 16-18-18-38 1.35v 8Gx2

My motherboard has 5 slots for the 4 timings to go into and to this day i don't know if i've put them in correctly, is this subtimings? also, my stability with the game is so terrible at 3200 i actually went down to like 3133 and the game stopped crashing so i think this subtimings thing is probably a lot of my issues since you mention that.

Your stability issues are mostly just 1st gen ryzen having a god awful imc and hitting 3200/3600 needs manual tuning most of the time, thatll be fixed with a newer cpu

For ram tuning send a thaiphoon burner screenshot to identify ic, yes im talking about the subtimings cause the primaries do next to nothing for performance and i reccomend loosening cas latency and twcl to lower voltage requirements when overclocking mainly because itll just make the rams run cooler and thus less volatile, degradation is of no concern since all the garbage ics wont scale enough to start getting potentially degraded by voltage and most of the good ics (djr, rev e/b, b die, etc.) Just dont degrade (although heat is definitely a limiter)

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Your stability issues are mostly just 1st gen ryzen having a god awful imc and hitting 3200/3600 needs manual tuning most of the time, thatll be fixed with a newer cpu

For ram tuning send a thaiphoon burner screenshot to identify ic, yes im talking about the subtimings cause the primaries do next to nothing for performance and i reccomend loosening cas latency and twcl to lower voltage requirements when overclocking mainly because itll just make the rams run cooler and thus less volatile, degradation is of no concern since all the garbage ics wont scale enough to start getting potentially degraded by voltage and most of the good ics (djr, rev e/b, b die, etc.) Just dont degrade (although heat is definitely a limiter)

fuck me im dumb, i literally just took the 16 18 18 18 38 shit and left it, 3200mhz and went from 1.35v to 1.36v and honestly, my game hasn't crashed like it was at 3200mhz 1.35v, i had to run 3133mhz 1.35v to stop crashing, but after this discussion i just tried to up voltage...im going to have to invest a good 50hrs into studying ram ocing now, and i've been procrastinating on this for years so...fuck you for making me face this XD and thanks for the info

4 minutes ago, GuyWithProblem said:

fuck me im dumb, i literally just took the 16 18 18 18 38 shit and left it, 3200mhz and went from 1.35v to 1.36v and honestly, my game hasn't crashed like it was at 3200mhz 1.35v, i had to run 3133mhz 1.35v to stop crashing, but after this discussion i just tried to up voltage...im going to have to invest a good 50hrs into studying ram ocing now, and i've been procrastinating on this for years so...fuck you for making me face this XD and thanks for the info

Those beginners guides ive found them to be pretty meh, if you wanna get into ram oc youll have to get into specifics, channels like buildzoid that take this shit seriously are a good source of info though i reccomend you listen to em in the background cause theyre really long

But from my experience its mostly just know what ram ic you have (either via thaiphoon burner or looking at the ram ics directly if you have bare pcbs), then with that info you simply search up overclocking results to see what others get and then just copy paste some settings (though minor adjustments may be needed cause setup variances), thats the easy way of doing this and is all you ever need for performance tuning. Im more of a diehard or hobbyist so i study the rams characteristics both via others experiences and my own experiences (tuning the things myself) which ive had to do since ddr2 and ddr3 info is kinda sparse (ddr2 especially), usually you do this for fun like fully maxing out your rams either performance by tightening the crap out of the subtimings or going ballistic on the frequency

I have gotten 1520 7-9-6-9 ddr2 to run mostly stable on my extreem dark 1066c6 nanya d die with 2.38v vdimm paired with an e8400 and a p5q (flashed to p5qd turbo) and thats in a goofy 1x3 config but seems like one of the sticks died so time to buy 2 more for 1x4 1500+ ddr3 shenanigans. Maybe if i find a cheap p5q deluxe or equivalent ram clocker ill get higher freq stable, i will get the money soon so thats gonna be a non issue and yea i kinda regret chasing after money too much when i coulda easily started flipping pcs earlier but the servicing knowledge is nice to have. only reason i tightened the primaries is because why not since its more for fun rather than performance and i cant really tighten the subs any further not even trfc (80) or im just too lazy because these are super temp sensitive at those speeds, 1470 is alot less temperamental/volatile

Now that i think of it with the money that ill be getting i really wanna get back into ocing for a hobby, pushing ancient hardware to its limits, stuffs cheap just gotta find em in the first place