New Build not my first, but first am5 need some help bois ram

Bradhyo
Go to solution Solved by Bradhyo,
3 minutes ago, Harmsway1283 said:

You sure can, and your motherboard does have a BIOS flashback button on the rear I/O panel. Even though your motherboard isn’t posting you can still update the BIOS. I would bet that it would solve your problem.

You can find the BIOS revisions on Asus’ webpage for your motherboard. Just google “asus b650m-a ax bios” and it should be the first or second result.

Read the motherboard manual for how to update your BIOS.

Okay ill give it a try 

Dear Linus Tech Tips And Team and community

Can you flash a bios board with a cpu and gpu and memory installed already? do i need to uninstall.. also i have a question on an asus b650m a ax... if you dont have supported ram will the cpu (RZN7600) fail to boot because of a video memory beep (1L 3S)... can a bios update maybe fix that issue and if so... is there a site that tells you what bios updates and what new hardware they support?

The ram i have is kingston fury cl36 5600 (8GBx2) expo/xmp. i got it and now i dont trust pcpartpicker anymore for my builds lol. have tried everything to get this to boot also, it takes a long time because it says, when you first install the ram, it can take up to 15 to 20 min to do memory training. trying one stick one slot at a time isnt the quickest thing in the modern computer world. but i understand there are benefits to DDR5 because of this.

Everything i have checked has come down to the ram i have even used another gpu...monitor, cables psu's and so on.... now.... i dont have any am5 cpus laying around to check, and swap, so maybe jumping in and not doing my homework myself and letting AI or what ever PCpartPooper uses. all i have is just a bunch of am4 parts.

So that doesn't help me if it could be the cpu i have reseated 3 times now and looked closely with my pos iphone camera and cant seen anything bent .. but pretty rare to have a DOA cpu. (did a little trick to see if cpu is working and it does get hot.. LOL... so that to me rules out cpu) so yeah hoping if its just the ram an someone elce has experienced this with the new am5 board and unsupported ram.

Thanks

I been Folding @ Home for years on with your team Team and not sure if you checked out my cousins F@H in the dark extension but hes added a lot more. so you can see how your gpus are doing against other ppls with the same hardware or now you 24 hr average so you can see more current stats on how your performing in the leaderboards  . can spend hours on his site if folding is you thing. https://folding.lar.systems/ https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/folding-at-home-in-the-da/alpjkkbjnbkddolgnicglknicbgfahoe?hl=en

14 minutes ago, Bradhyo said:

Can you flash a bios board with a cpu and gpu and memory installed already?

You sure can, and your motherboard does have a BIOS flashback button on the rear I/O panel. Even though your motherboard isn’t posting you can still update the BIOS. I would bet that it would solve your problem.

You can find the BIOS revisions on Asus’ webpage for your motherboard. Just google “asus b650m-a ax bios” and it should be the first or second result.

Ryzen 7600

Asus B650M-A-AX 

Kingston fury 5600 CL36 8GBX2 (16GB) EXPO/XMP

PSU's

1200w BE QUIET!

1300w EVGA 1300P+

Thermaltake 430w SMART

3 minutes ago, Harmsway1283 said:

Okay ill give it a try