Pressure Build up in Loop

I believe I have high pressure building in my pc loop. I have only had it built for a month and it’s been running fine. Temps while gaming have generally stayed in mid 50’s to low 60’s for both cpu and gpu. While gaming today the in flow tube to the cpu block popped out and fluid went everywhere. The coolant was really hot to the touch. I don’t have a temp sensor for the coolant. I didn’t note the temps at the time cause I freaked out trying to get the power off before any damage occurred  

Specs are:

asus Maximus extreme z690 glacial

asus strix rtx3090

ek vector strix v1 waterblock

ek d5 pump res combo

16 mm petg tubing

bitspower 16 mm fittings

2x. 360 Corsair rads

120 cooler master 120 fans

ek cryofuel solid cloud white

any ideas to keep this from happening in the future would be appreciated 

9FB94375-3E9F-4830-8298-1B030BC259E8.jpeg

6E4EFC03-5D53-4549-9CF3-7E313A7F5151.jpeg

82D87A58-80EA-42B3-85C0-1B5C61FBD7B5.jpeg

I'd assume there's probably a clog somewhere in there that was preventing the flow. I'd be disassembling the blocks and cleaning out the fins to see if that's where it was clogged (this is the most likely place), plus looking in the radiator to see if that's clogged up as well. 

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I'd assume there's probably a clog somewhere in there that was preventing the flow. I'd be disassembling the blocks and cleaning out the fins to see if that's where it was clogged (this is the most likely place), plus looking in the radiator to see if that's clogged up as well. 

I will check that but I just don’t see there being a clog with it only being a month old and temps being fine. Thanks for the reply

4 minutes ago, Athyus012 said:

I will check that but I just don’t see there being a clog with it only being a month old and temps being fine. Thanks for the reply

The only two things that can really cause a tube to pop off like that are that there's a clog in the loop that's creating a ton of pressure from the pump, or one of the fittings wasn't installed correctly/has a defect from the factory. Since it's impossible to check the 2nd since it's already been undone, checking for clogs (say there was a ton of flux stuck in the radiator from the factory, it happens) is the best course of action, and if not assume that the fitting was probably installed wrong. That's more or less my thought process behind this. 

Ok. This is my first custom loop. Never heard of the flux problem. I’m 99% certain that the fitting was installed properly. But seriously thanks for the advice and quick responses. While we are talking about this. Wher I have my drain valve isn’t working out to great. Now that I have it apart I’m going to move it. Where would you put it in my current config. 

Update

blocks are clean however inspecting the pipes some of them slide out of the fittings to easy. It seems like they deformed a little. I’m figuring this is due to heat since like I said the fluid seemed really hot to the touch. So now I’m wondering why would my loop be holding so much heat. I added a video to show how easy it is to pull the pipe out of the fitting. I’ve got the fitting extremely tight. Let me know if you think I’m way off base here. 

time to grab a coolant temp sensor...

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

Alright but if my coolant is getting to hot what can I do about it cause I’m pretty sure that’s the problem. I’m wondering if my pump died. Gonna test that when I get home

you remember what you were doing at the time it poped?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

I had been playing resident evil 4 for about 4 hours

Is this PETG? PETG deforms when the coolant gets too hot. Oh and look an O11-D. You probably have suboptimal airflow creating a hotbox inside the case. I mean right off the bat, I can see the reservoir is in the way of the main intakes of cool air. Trust me when I say the intakes being on the side does this case no favors.

Secondly, get a temp sensor for coolant. My coolant can easily approach 40C in this case (yes I have an O11-D too). Hotter if you don't have aggressive fan profiles. I'd highly suggest looking at something like this (with fan mounts) to improve internal case temps/airflow: https://www.performance-pcs.com/special-services/custom-laser-cut-parts-etching/lian-li-pc-011-dynamic-custom-modded-replacement-front-panel-o11-frontpanel.html.html

Also, ditch that coolant. Opaques from any company are crap to begin with as long-term coolants. Opaques from EK are especially crappy long-term, especially that sewer water they call Mystic Fog. You are much better off with a clear premix. Opaques can be abrasive to nickel plating over time because of the nano particles. Normally, shouldn't be a problem, but every now and then you'll get a block with defective nickel plating and opaques will expose that. Also, the stuff just eventually falls out of suspension and gunks up your block micro-fins, and any other nooks and crannies.

Zen 3 Daily Rig (2022 - Present): AMD Ryzen 9 5900X + Optimus Foundations AM4 | Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti FE + Alphacool Eisblock 3080 FE | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@3733 c14) | ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB | Crucial MX500 1TB | Corsair RM1000x | Lian Li O11 Dynamic | LG 48" C1 | EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 w/ D5 | HWLabs GTX360 and GTS360 | Bitspower True Brass 14mm | Corsair 14mm White PMMA | ModMyMods Mod Water Clear | 9x BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM High Speed | Aquacomputer Highflow NEXT | Aquacomputer Octo

Test Bench: 

CPUs: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, Core i5-2400, Core i7-4790K, Core i9-10900K, Core i3-13100, Core i9-13900KS

Motherboards: ASUS Z97-Deluxe, EVGA Z490 Dark, EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin

GPUs: GTX 275 (RIP), 2x GTX 560, GTX 570, 2x GTX 650 Ti Boost, GTX 980, Titan X (Maxwell), x2 HD 6850

Bench: Cooler Master Masterframe 700 (bench mode)

Cooling: Heatkiller IV Pro Pure Copper | Koolance GPU-210 | HWLabs L-Series 360 | XSPC EX360 | Aquacomputer D5 | Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250 | Monsoon Free Center Compressions | Mayhems UltraClear | 9x Arctic P12 120mm PWM PST

I appreciate your response sir beregond but I don’t appreciate your condescending tone. If you look at the pics instead of just glancing at them my main intakes are at the bottom with my main exhaust at the top. I do have three exhaust on the side and one intake in the back. After doing some research though I do agree with you that my fan profile might be the problem. I had my fans set to ramp up with cpu temp but those temps were staying low. I ordered a fluid temp sensor and pmma tubing. Gonna set fans to ramp with ffluid temp and test. 

you can test to see how bad the case air flow is by taking off the side pannal. could have been bad fan profiles. i think coolent temp can be different and not effect cpu and gpu temps but i dont really no about that. could just be a hot build. mb water cooled and 3090 are known to run hot. its posable that 2x 360 cant handle it thow you said they were low temps... i dont no. maybe low flow rate?

is the gpu have a water cooled back plate?

my build will have alot of parts too cool too but i also have a crap tone of rads... 4x: ram ddr4, 4x m.2, mb nb, vrm, cpu, gpu + backplate, not only that a crap tone of argb too...

i no the 011 back fan gill is some what restrictive.

i dont no at this point just guessing. could have just been a week connection and you feeling 40-60C water feels hot.. 🤷‍♂️

oh and ambient temp is also importend.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

23 hours ago, Athyus012 said:

I appreciate your response sir beregond but I don’t appreciate your condescending tone. If you look at the pics instead of just glancing at them my main intakes are at the bottom with my main exhaust at the top. I do have three exhaust on the side and one intake in the back. After doing some research though I do agree with you that my fan profile might be the problem. I had my fans set to ramp up with cpu temp but those temps were staying low. I ordered a fluid temp sensor and pmma tubing. Gonna set fans to ramp with ffluid temp and test. 

A condescending tone was not meant. More just me thinking aloud. I have an O11-D too. And I just see literally tons of O11-D based builds have temp issues. They are very prone to them due to lack of a front intake. But looking at the pics closer I do see that I was in error on your fan config.

Anyway I do apologize, condescension was not my intent, but re-reading my post, I see how that came across.

Zen 3 Daily Rig (2022 - Present): AMD Ryzen 9 5900X + Optimus Foundations AM4 | Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti FE + Alphacool Eisblock 3080 FE | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@3733 c14) | ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB | Crucial MX500 1TB | Corsair RM1000x | Lian Li O11 Dynamic | LG 48" C1 | EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 w/ D5 | HWLabs GTX360 and GTS360 | Bitspower True Brass 14mm | Corsair 14mm White PMMA | ModMyMods Mod Water Clear | 9x BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM High Speed | Aquacomputer Highflow NEXT | Aquacomputer Octo

Test Bench: 

CPUs: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, Core i5-2400, Core i7-4790K, Core i9-10900K, Core i3-13100, Core i9-13900KS

Motherboards: ASUS Z97-Deluxe, EVGA Z490 Dark, EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin

GPUs: GTX 275 (RIP), 2x GTX 560, GTX 570, 2x GTX 650 Ti Boost, GTX 980, Titan X (Maxwell), x2 HD 6850

Bench: Cooler Master Masterframe 700 (bench mode)

Cooling: Heatkiller IV Pro Pure Copper | Koolance GPU-210 | HWLabs L-Series 360 | XSPC EX360 | Aquacomputer D5 | Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250 | Monsoon Free Center Compressions | Mayhems UltraClear | 9x Arctic P12 120mm PWM PST

Thank all of you for your advice. In the process of getting everything back together. I’ll let you all know how it turns out. Yes I do have an active back plate for my 3090