Intel Core i5 2320 3.3GHz

8GB DDR3 1333MHz Ram

3 HDD's

SICK  C U S T O M  P N Y GTX 750 Ti BOOSTED OVERCLOCKED 2GB GDDR5

Hyper 212 evo

fan card ( because I can )

• Reformat that misleading title

Only use one post for an OP

550w is a bit overkill, something along the lines of a CX430 would be a better choice. 

I budget build well. Want to learn? PM me if you want advice. 

i think the 550w is overkill but hell no am i downgrading. i need that juice for later. and most of it for the hefty PNY 750 Ti

yes and no. Could a smaller psu work yes. If you go to say a 300/400W then its almost certain you would have to upgrade it when you upgrade your system to higher specs. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

i think the 550w is overkill but hell no am i downgrading. i need that juice for later. and most of it for the hefty PNY 750 Ti

The 750 Ti is almost as far as it gets from hefty. It can run off of a no name oem 250w with ease.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

it's not all about wattage people...some 550w PSU can't output even 350w effectively...it's all about QUALITY...the CX series from corsair for example are really not that good units...

so if you go with that you should pick a 600w even...but if you go with a good antec or seasonic (EVGA or XFX are also good PSU) a 400 or 450w is way enough...

it's all about quality. you should consider something like this, it has a good price ATM:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-s12ii520bronze

This is a good quality PSU and it will server you very well...see, this unit can output 40A on the 12V rail, this is important if you may want to upgrade to an high-end GPU down the road...

this has a lot of headroom for future upgrades you might want to do to your system down the road and this is what's important...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Getting a lower wattage unit doesn't necessary mean a downgrade. For example, getting a Cooler Master V450S would be a vast upgrade to the Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 550w. Whether you should replaced your "550w" PSU would depends on it's quality, which we won't know until the model of the unit is provided.

Getting a lower wattage unit doesn't necessary mean a downgrade. For example, getting a Cooler Master V450S would be a vast upgrade to the Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 550w. Whether you should replaced your "550w" PSU would depends on it's quality, which we won't know until the model of the unit is provided.

exactly...wattage written on the box and on the Unit means nothing, it's all about quality...and you cant trust ''brand names'' either...the CX series by corsair (wich is a usualy high-end brand) is made with 95% chineese cheap parts and really isn't that good...you can check reviews on that if you want...but for PSU always check reviews and make sure the unit is well built inside...some 400w units are better than some 750w...really...sometimes the 750w for example is a ''peak'' wattage, but the unit cant deliver anything more than 400w consistant current.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR