Data Reduction, best way to compress 6TB of pdf files

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum :)

My question is: what would be the beast way to compress about 6 TB of pdfs (about 500,000 pdf files)?

The main goal is to make an archive of my pdf collection I've been working on for about 10 years. I would like it to take up the least amount of space. That way I can make backups on Mdisks, without using too many disks. Also to use fewer micro SD cards to carry with me. This is the last step of my project. I have used: Filestar to convert nonpdf files to pdf format, and Adobe to compress multiple pdfs at a time. This process is still kind of slow and would probably take about 1-2 years time to do between family and work life.

My goal would be to find an automated process or program that could run continuously and conpress pdf files withing files, idealy without having to select each and

Would there be anyone who offers a service to do this? Anyone have any ideas what software or methods to use?

Wow, this is neat that there was a quick response! Thanks Techless Bro : D I appreciate your time very much, that is such a good point. In Adobe Acrobat, it gives the option to optimize pdf files and gives an option for reverse compatability.

Honestly I am still new at all the intricacies of data archiving. I am trying to figure out a good balance for space saving and keeping the files compatible with as many devices as possible.

I have noticed a lot of textbooks can get compressed a lot, not always, I read depending on if its mostly text or not. Some pdf files started out at around 900MB or even just over 1TB, optimized to about 100MB

Oh maybe the term I should use is optimize, not necessarily compressing.

Please, I welcome all and any ideas about this topic. I still am trying to study the deeper stuff of pdf files code and the software minimums needed to read them.

The best goal I would like would be to get it all to about 4TB or less so it can fit on two 2TB micro SD cards when they come out.

I am exciting getting close to what seems the final stages of this project. I would like to finish this project by the end of 2023. right now i have all the files categorized by subject and stuff like that.

i will keep checking this thread for ideas and comments ^_^

I ment 1GB in the above comment. Not 1TB.

i will keep checking this thread for ideas and comments ^_^

Nice, I have not thought about that before, layers, I will do some research on that today. Thank for helping me get started with that direction.