The Restrict Act, Supposedly To Ban Tik Tok, Will (probably) NOT Put You In Jail For Using a VPN. It mentions even VERY Futuristic technologies.

2 hours ago, cafe said:

honestly i think the us should disconnect from the WWW and make our own, cause everything else is inferior. 

WWW is just a protocol.  Maybe the real next step is to finally get that VR web that we tried to get a long time ago.  Late 90's with late 90's internet, and late 90's hardware there was a real try at an open standard for making VR websites.  VRML. 

Lets just skip stupid apps and get something like that.  Not sandboxed and locked to a specific company.  Just out innovate stupid apps like TikTok. 

16 hours ago, StDragon said:

Let's not get melodramatic here. If what you said was truly the mood of America, then that nation is finished, and frankly, deserves to fail under the weight of such mass-stupidity of the population.

Idiocracy was was supposed to be a comedy, not a warning.

I was being slightly sarcastic in my hypothetical situation, just posted it for the giggles lol. But think about it: Let's say TikTok got banned by the Government, people will go looking for alternatives. There's an estimated 100 million active users in the USA or so, meaning lets be generous and say that 1/6 of that amount of people are chronically addicted/still want the app/whatever and want to still access it (likely through VPNs or something similar), that's nearly 16.7 million citizens the government will have to hunt down to give them a fine + jail time. Not to mention, that only taking into consideration TikTok, there's also people like TenCent which have goodness knows how many different apps which could be banned and have users trying to access them again, it'd cause chaos 😆

Just a hypothetical/food for thought, my whole point is that I think the Government would have a very, very hard time trying to actually enforce that law specifically.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

Though I thoroughly hate TikTok I dont believe it to be bannable on a regulated level by a government as it poses no threat that youtube/facebook/etc dont already pose. There could be some back ended dealings stealing or trying to push a narritive but this is the same with every social platform so its nothing new. There should be ALOT more educating to people to understand what is happening in these apps and ALOT more control for younger audiences. The amount of freedom in tech for young and the ignorant is what I believe is causing concern. If people understood and had proper easier to understand controls it wouldn't be such a huge problem.

4 hours ago, Touch My Hamm said:

Though I thoroughly hate TikTok I dont believe it to be bannable on a regulated level by a government as it poses no threat that youtube/facebook/etc dont already pose. There could be some back ended dealings stealing or trying to push a narritive but this is the same with every social platform so its nothing new. There should be ALOT more educating to people to understand what is happening in these apps and ALOT more control for younger audiences. The amount of freedom in tech for young and the ignorant is what I believe is causing concern. If people understood and had proper easier to understand controls it wouldn't be such a huge problem.

yeah.

mind you people now basic research(which is a  issue).

is i watch some rando  yt channel .  let say talking about a law.

no where does he or she  claim to be a lawyer.

but people now think some rando yt person is general smarter then a lawyer or a expert in their field..

how badly people research now is scary and is not helping when we need  debate/talk about laws like this and other crucial topics.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC