980 Pro vs Firecuda 530 (1TB)

Sbeeer

Guys quick question: Samsung 980 Pro or Seagate Firecuda 530? Same price, same size (1TB for 100€).

I come from a Samsung sata SSD, I liked the utilities. By name I'd pick the Samsung but if the Firecuda is hands down just better I'll get that instead. I have an AMD 3700x on x570 mobo.

If it's the wrong thread sorry for the bother.
Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Sbeeer said:

Guys quick question: Samsung 980 Pro or Seagate Firecuda 530? Same price, same size (1TB).

I come from a Samsung sata SSD, I liked the utilities. By name I'd pick the Samsung but if the Firecuda is hands down just better I'll get that instead. I have an AMD 3700x on x570 mobo.

If it's the wrong thread sorry for the bother.
Thanks.

Seagate Firecuda 530.  Its faster and has a lot higher TBW.   The 980 pro's also have some issues with them crashing or dying ( can be fixed through firmware update )  I have personally only used Samsung SSD's up until this year in fact but now I am rocking kingston.
Seagate is also a very trusted brand in the industry.  I would go Seagate Firecuda 530 without question.

2 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Seagate Firecuda 530.  Its faster and has a lot higher TBW.   The 980 pro's also have some issues with them crashing or dying ( can be fixed through firmware update )  I have personally only used Samsung SSD's up until this year in fact but now I am rocking kingston.
Seagate is also a very trusted brand in the industry.

I think you're talking about the 990 pro not the 980 pro.

1 minute ago, Gorou92 said:

The 980 Pro's 2TB versions are the ones that are problematic, some 990's might be affected as well.

11 minutes ago, Gorou92 said:

I also heard it was the 990. Either way I obviously plan to upgrade the firmware as soon as Windows 11 is freshly install. Yes, I plan to use it as system + some games drive. 
I read the Firecuda is a bit faster on sequentials read/write, but I happened to stumble on a couple of multi-purpose benchmark that make them equal or even favour the Samsung... Could it be that it has smarter managing or faster random read/writes?