Is my power supply an issue?

patriciofowler

I recently upgraded my computer with an FX-8320 and an r9 280x as well as the supporting parts. I did reuse my case and power supply that I purchased back around 2009. The power supply is a Cooler Master silent pro m600. Yesterday I received a popup from the AMD catalyst control center saying something about low voltage. The popup went away too quickly for me to really read the notification, and it has not come back. Today the computer froze while I was at on the desktop for no apparent reason. After that is has been running fine. I have the cpu overclocked to 4.5ghz and it has been stable for the last month and a half. Here is a list of my parts on pcpartpicker(I may have a couple of fans in the case not listed.), and here is a link to the power supply on Cooler Master's site. Is this power supply enough support my system? Is the age of the power supply effecting the output?

I can provide any information I am probably overlooking. Thanks for any help.

It's probably not enough. Especially after you receive the warning, you shouldn't overclock your system. You should have just researched more on that problem.

I set my cpu back to the original clock settings and have been monitoring voltage and temperatures with a few different programs. All the voltages and temps are within allowable numbers. I thought it was AMD Catalyst giving me warnings about voltage, but it is actually Asus AI Suite 2 giving me warnings. After searching about warnings with AI Suite, it is common for it to give random false warnings.