Windows wont boot after installing PCI-E card in while computer on.

benxsmith

Hello everyone,

I was tired and plugged my new pci-e card into my computer while it was still running and computer immediately went to blue screen. I turned PC off and tried to reboot but it goes to the same screen. So yet it does boot but windows seems to be corrupted now?E1B5ACCB-9E4C-4239-9297-068DEE1BD133.jpeg.52509aac6496fa37cae23177ce2d74b4.jpeg

This is blue screen, F1 and Esc are the only 2 options that do anything they both reboot to a blue screen again. I remember one of the blue screens saying a part of windows is missing it was a fine with the word boot in it.5A2C472D-A5D4-4B6E-8F66-6ADB8BCC81C4.jpeg.d37aa7cca071889b79f6a35b9165f2db.jpeg

this is card i inserted.

Any help is greatly appreciated, i know i’m stupid i was just super tired :((((

you could try booting off a USB Windows Install disk and attempting a repair therE?

But you might have boned your windows install entirely.  You might be stuck reinstalling entirely.  

Exactly as tkitch said. Usb recovery is your best option to get the install working again. You should be able to get the data off if you plug the drive into another pc at least

14 hours ago, tkitch said:

you could try booting off a USB Windows Install disk and attempting a repair therE?

But you might have boned your windows install entirely.  You might be stuck reinstalling entirely.  

Just tried it and it couldn’t repair it. Is there anything in the command prompt inside the repair usb i could try?