Wifi connection drops when GPU is under heavy load

sepro

Hello there! I am hoping you can assist me with a technical issue that I have been experiencing. Whenever I run a heavy task on my GPU, such as training stable diffusion, my PCIe Wifi adapter becomes disconnected from the network. Of note I can still see available networks, but cannot connect to them.

I have a:

• Gigabyte Aero 4080 RTX
  • Ryzen 7 3700X
  • GigaByte X570 AORUS PRO X570
  • Corsair HX850
  • G.Skill 32 GB DDR4-3200
  • SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD
  • Asus PCE-AC51 wifi PCIe
  • Router: Asus RT-AC66U B1 AC1750 Dual-Band WLAN Router

All with up-to-date drivers. The Wifi adapter is in the only other accessible PCIe slot, and I can connect to the wifi without any issues when I use usb-tethering with my phone. However, other devices on the same network do not experience any issues. Any suggestions or thoughts on how I can resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

My Guesses would be a driver issue causing a resource allocation issue if its not that the issue may be might be your motherboards stability on its PCIE lanes or interference from the new GPU.

I would try the following.

Update chipset and GPU driver, Clean install if you can take the time for the extra restarts.

If that does not work I would look at 

Try busting the GPU down to 8X speeds and Gen 3 in bios to check to see if it's more stable,, as that may help if it is one of the stranger resouce allocation issues. 

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Noticed something while looking into your suggestion about the motherboard being the cuplrit: a mismatch in most recent chipset drivers on the download page (which were the ones I had) and the ones you can pull in through the app center from Gigabyte, the latter are more recent.

So far and a few hours into stressing the GPU with some more dreambooth training the wifi hasn't shown any issues. It is a little premature to call it fixed, but a good sign. (Will check back in after a few days