Flashing different ROM or Downgrading version

SleepingGiant

I haven't done this before and kinda scared to do so cause of fear of bricking my phone. Recently its shown its age in the latest update from MIUI 12 to MIUI13, was wondering where i can find credible tutorial on the basic and know how of ROM flashing.

Is it like a pc where i just install windows or linux OS and it will just work or i need to find a compatible ROM for my phone?

Phone is Redmi note 9 Global

I know its a low-end device but it still works and the only issue is on the software side not the hardware.

13 minutes ago, SleepingGiant said:

Is it like a pc where i just install windows or linux OS and it will just work or i need to find a compatible ROM for my phone?

Nope it's specific, you'll need to find the stock ROM for that phone model and the version you want, and find instructions for how to flash that particular phone type.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

23 minutes ago, SleepingGiant said:

I know its a low-end device but it still works and the only issue is on the software side not the hardware.

You may also want to take a peak at XDA, as there appears to be custom ROMs available for your device. Perhaps this is a route you want to look at?

13 hours ago, Kilrah said:

find instructions for how to flash that particular phone type.

any credible channels on tutorials or sites that teaches it?

13 hours ago, OhioYJ said:

You may also want to take a peak at XDA

XDA-develober(dot)com?

8 hours ago, SleepingGiant said:

XDA-develober(dot)com?

Yes. Usually just searching your device, "Redmi Note 9 XDA", in Google will get you to the right section right away. XDA's search is really hit or miss since their last upgrade.