RTX 3080 ti vision PCB repair; 1.8V has no resistance but everything else looks good. is the GPU dead?

terroralpha

hello, 

i was handed a gigajunk 3080ti vision to fix (identical to "gaming" and "eagle") and yes, it died while playing diablo. i tested the resistance for the inductors. pex and 12V lines are in the kΩ range. all 4 mem chokes are about 50Ω, vcore is 0.2-0.3Ω. 12V and 3.3V input lines ont he PCI-E slot look good too. but the 1.8V choke shows that it's an open line

my understanding is that 1.8V rail is provided by the GPU itself from the 12V line. so if the 12V rail looks fine but 1.8V is not, this GPU is basically dead, right? 

i only repair stuff like this for fun. it's not my job. i have repaired a lot of GPUs over the years. this is the first time i ran into a problem like this. i'm hoping someone more skilled than I in GPU repairs can answer this or at least point me to where i can get an answer.

thanks in advance!

PS: before anyone asks, no it can't be RMAd. it was bought in a best buy/cyberpower prebuilt that only had a 1 year warranty