Bios outputs to the Wrong Display

Legomaster21

My bios displays onto my second monitor, instead of the middle one. Obviously, I could just swap the connections, but Windows confusingly marks the main display as display 2, meaning if I switch the cables to have the bios output on my main display, windows will mark my main as number 2. This causes issues with some of my programs. Please help meh!!!

There is nothing to help you with. You already know the answer, its based on the order of the plugs on the GPU. Windows you manually select whats the main display, Bios it just goes based on the order of plug. 

Stop being lazy, swap the plugs.

BIOS display is based on the order that the GPU initializes the displays, so it will always be where different ports have different priority over each other. Some boards will let you change it manually (my X570 Taichi had a setting in there that let you change it), but most don't. If you really want the BIOS to display on a different port, switch the ports on the back is probably your only option. In Windows you can change the main display, it's one check box you need to hit. 

How often do you go into your bios? Do you really need it on that screen? 

34 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

BIOS display is based on the order that the GPU initializes the displays, so it will always be where different ports have different priority over each other. Some boards will let you change it manually (my X570 Taichi had a setting in there that let you change it), but most don't. If you really want the BIOS to display on a different port, switch the ports on the back is probably your only option. In Windows you can change the main display, it's one check box you need to hit. 

I know I can set the main display in Windows, but Windows still calls my main display "2" which then some programs will continue to open on my side monitor.

44 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

There is nothing to help you with. You already know the answer, its based on the order of the plugs on the GPU. Windows you manually select whats the main display, Bios it just goes based on the order of plug. 

Stop being lazy, swap the plugs.

I know I can set the main display in Windows, but Windows still calls my main display "2" which then some programs will continue to open on my side monitor. If you will be rude, please do not reply.

I cant

2 hours ago, deadlou666 said:

I think you can renumber monitors in windows 

9 hours ago, Legomaster21 said:

I cant

You can just drag the display in settings to the desired location so if the monitors are showing eg: 132, if you want the middle as main u can drag so it's 312