RE4 Remake Controller VS Mouse & Keyboard

Hi there, i had an accident and just now able to access the internet and RE4 Remake is out.

I probably won't be able to play the game for at least a month but i want to hear your opinions on this.

I played the OG RE4 on a PC and PS2, i find it very difficult to play the game using keyboard and mouse but i think its probably due to poor PC optimization on the control department.

And then i switched to PS2 Controller on my PC and i am kicking zombie ass with it. 

Not sure with the remake especially with the laser dot excluded. If you already played the remake please share your experience.

Thank you in advance

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

1 hour ago, Ya_Mi said:

i find it very difficult to play the game using keyboard and mouse but i think its probably due to poor PC optimization on the control department.

capcom and bad controls are basically Hiemal-class Anomaly at this point. If one cease to exists, the other would go mad.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

5 hours ago, Ya_Mi said:

Hi there, i had an accident and just now able to access the internet and RE4 Remake is out.

I probably won't be able to play the game for at least a month but i want to hear your opinions on this.

I played the OG RE4 on a PC and PS2, i find it very difficult to play the game using keyboard and mouse but i think its probably due to poor PC optimization on the control department.

And then i switched to PS2 Controller on my PC and i am kicking zombie ass with it. 

Not sure with the remake especially with the laser dot excluded. If you already played the remake please share your experience.

Thank you in advance

A lot of video games are heavily dependent on the dev teams choice of interface kernels and drivers. That make up the commands for that game. In most common cases with remakes like RE4 they are often times do great with a remake graphically, and gameplay wise. But where the budget cuts come into play with a remake more often than not is the controls. If the devs failed or purposely slacked on assigning controls there are really two options then its ether go with the generic PC keyboard or port over the controller scheme if its Console > to PC.

A perfect example of this is are the OG Mass Effect trilogies initial PC port that the dev team went on factual comment in both news via gaming journalists and in their own forums that they flat out skipped porting over the gamepad/controller support. (The irony is that they actually treated it like a flex that they didn't get around to adding gampad support. Making the PC team look like it just an art team tossed a bunch of screws and paint with paint brushes. And told go port ME1-3) It got so bad that eventually EA pretty much said screw it and ported the games over AGAIN to PC, to be what we know as the legendary edition for Mass Effect.

Remakes and lazy console to PC ports make me wanna rip my hair out cause there are so many custom gamepad configs that I'd think its pretty lazy to not just do both kb&m and gamepad/controller. I get budget cuts but it seems like it would be something an intern could be tasked with over a weekend.

I love PC building and gaming. 
REMEMBER botttlenecks can happen at all points of a PC part. Make sure you are at equilibrium. For all parts unless you intend to upgrade at a later point. Also QA Tested AAA Games.