New GPU + CPU replacing GPU-less build running on 5600G. What do I need to do?

Razzamatazz

Just a quick questtion.

Currently, I have a GPU-less PC running on an AMD Ryzen 5 5600G. See here: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/2XYgXL

Last week I bought a Gigabyte Gaming OC RX 6750 XT and on Monday I intend to buy a 5600X to replace the 5600G.

What do I need to do to get my PC ready? The BIOS is update-to-date, as are chipset drivers and Catalyst drivers. Do I need to uninstall any drivers or do a clean reinstall of Windows? Or can I simply take out the old CPU, drop in the new CPU + GPU and boot up without doing anything else? I ask because I'm getting conflicting information.

Appreciate your help. 

13 minutes ago, Razzamatazz said:

Just a quick questtion.

Currently, I have a GPU-less PC running on an AMD Ryzen 5 5600G. See here: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/2XYgXL

Last week I bought a Gigabyte Gaming OC RX 6750 XT and on Monday I intend to buy a 5600X to replace the 5600G.

What do I need to do to get my PC ready? The BIOS is update-to-date, as are chipset drivers and Catalyst drivers. Do I need to uninstall any drivers or do a clean reinstall of Windows? Or can I simply take out the old CPU, drop in the new CPU + GPU and boot up without doing anything else? I ask because I'm getting conflicting information.

Appreciate your help. 

While it might be recommended to run DDU to clean out the drivers, its perfectly possible that all you really need to do is swap the hardware and everything will be fine.  I'd only do more if you run into problems personally.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7