i5 gaming 1440p 144hz build help

vlixpw

Budget (including currency): max USD 2500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: AAA multiplat games, valorant, cs2/csgo

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): targeting 1440p games with 144hz, already have Corsair HX750 only, not planning to overclock

Hi guys, need some recommendation for build, currently what I have been planning is as below

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/P6dsTn

CPU: Intel Core i5-13400 2.5 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($219.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B660 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($179.00 @ Amazon) 
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Xtreem ARGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($104.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850X 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($159.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($99.89 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI SUPRIM X GeForce RTX 3080 10GB LHR 10 GB Video Card  ($799.95 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact ATX Mid Tower Case  ($124.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair HX750 Platinum 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($269.99 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: LG 27GP850-B 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Monitor  ($426.99 @ Adorama) 
Total: $2385.78

Some concerns :

1. Is it good to splurge USD 300 more for RTX 4070ti and also upgrade to 13600kf? I know it will exceed the budget, but if its good value, I'm okay to delay a bit and save a bit more

2. can't decide between B660 or B760.. Don't think need Z mobo as I won't overclock

3. DDR4 vs DDR5, still not worth to go DDR5 if for gaming purpose only?

Appreciate it for any helps!

9 minutes ago, vlixpw said:

Budget (including currency): max USD 2500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: AAA multiplat games, valorant, cs2/csgo

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): targeting 1440p games with 144hz, already have Corsair HX750 only, not planning to overclock

Hi guys, need some recommendation for build, currently what I have been planning is as below

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/P6dsTn

CPU: Intel Core i5-13400 2.5 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($219.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B660 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($179.00 @ Amazon) 
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Xtreem ARGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($104.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850X 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($159.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($99.89 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI SUPRIM X GeForce RTX 3080 10GB LHR 10 GB Video Card  ($799.95 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact ATX Mid Tower Case  ($124.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair HX750 Platinum 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($269.99 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: LG 27GP850-B 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Monitor  ($426.99 @ Adorama) 
Total: $2385.78

Some concerns :

1. Is it good to splurge USD 300 more for RTX 4070ti and also upgrade to 13600kf? I know it will exceed the budget, but if its good value, I'm okay to delay a bit and save a bit more

2. can't decide between B660 or B760.. Don't think need Z mobo as I won't overclock

3. DDR4 vs DDR5, still not worth to go DDR5 if for gaming purpose only?

Appreciate it for any helps!

Overspending on 3080, better to get 7900 xt. Go for b660 because it’s cheaper and doesn’t lose much. For ddr5 it’s not much more expensive than ddr4 but maybe the boards will be excessively more expensive so check that first because it’s not a huge upgrade over ddr4 for the 13400.

btw it’s better to go with the 13600k and 7900xt bcuz it’s better price to performance and get the extra display out with k non f but you can go with the f if you really don’t want to spend the extra money. Also the 7900 xt should be the same price as the 3080 you listed but all you need to do is look

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

1. Motherboard does not have BIOS flashback feature, if you get that one make sure the seller have updated the BIOS for you. B760 is about the same as B660, although now the price is about the same, I'd go for B760 boards.

2. SN850X is very expensive in Indonesia, P5 Plus 2TB is about a mill cheaper yet user experience won't be any different. So P5 Plus is the better value.

3. RTX 3080 is around 10mill as I checked, which is still very expensive, 6800 XT is about 1 to 1.5 mill cheaper while giving about the same or faster performance w/o RT. So if you care about RT that much, then go ahead. 4070 Ti is around 15 mill, I'd say that's 4K gaming money. Consider RX 6800 XT or RX 6950 XT which is around 11 to 12 mill, performance difference from 4070 Ti in non RT is quite small.

4. HX750 is too expensive for a 750W PSU, and going for platinum <1200W PSUs is a waste of money. MSI A850GF is less than 2mill while being a very high quality PSU and higher capacity.

5. 13600KF would be pretty good since you play competitive games, but as it stand now, this build would already be able to go above 144fps in 1440p, if you want more than that, then go ahead with the 13600KF.

6. DDR5 gives higher 1% lows in addition to more fps, so it is more stable which is better for competitive gaming. Whether the difference matters to you is only you could judge, from what I found just now, DDR5 is still about 1.5x to 2x the price of DDR4.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

I'd say the extra 300 will help alot 

B660 will be perfectly fine

Ddr4 because otherwise you'd be really over your budget 

30 minutes ago, filpo said:

Overspending on 3080, better to get 7900 xt. Go for b660 because it’s cheaper and doesn’t lose much. For ddr5 it’s not much more expensive than ddr4 but maybe the boards will be excessively more expensive so check that first because it’s not a huge upgrade over ddr4 for the 13400.

btw it’s better to go with the 13600k and 7900xt bcuz it’s better price to performance and get the extra display out with k non f but you can go with the f if you really don’t want to spend the extra money. Also the 7900 xt should be the same price as the 3080 you listed but all you need to do is look

I'm more on green team guy, but if the value of 7900xt is so much better, won't mind to change heart 😄 I'll check and compare

True for the ddr5 board..

k cpu is better even if I don't plan to overclock?

28 minutes ago, Dukesilver27- said:

1. Motherboard does not have BIOS flashback feature, if you get that one make sure the seller have updated the BIOS for you. B760 is about the same as B660, although now the price is about the same, I'd go for B760 boards.

2. SN850X is very expensive in Indonesia, P5 Plus 2TB is about a mill cheaper yet user experience won't be any different. So P5 Plus is the better value.

3. RTX 3080 is around 10mill as I checked, which is still very expensive, 6800 XT is about 1 to 1.5 mill cheaper while giving about the same or faster performance w/o RT. So if you care about RT that much, then go ahead. 4070 Ti is around 15 mill, I'd say that's 4K gaming money. Consider RX 6800 XT or RX 6950 XT which is around 11 to 12 mill, performance difference from 4070 Ti in non RT is quite small.

4. HX750 is too expensive for a 750W PSU, and going for platinum <1200W PSUs is a waste of money. MSI A850GF is less than 2mill while being a very high quality PSU and higher capacity.

5. DDR5 gives higher 1% lows in addition to more fps, so it is more stable which is better for competitive gaming. Whether the difference matters to you is only you could judge, from what I found just now, DDR5 is still about 1.5x to 2x the price of DDR4.

Ah, you from indo too?

1. Thanks for the tips for bios, maybe its better if just go to B760, checking the prices now

2. First time using ssd on build, if the ux is same whether its crucial or wd, agree better go p5

3. Ah, to RT or no RT 😄 i mean, RT is good to look at, but don't think my budget will be able to pump exquisite RT to be on awe. never looked at amd vga before as all my past build always using nvidia, but i'll contemplate more whether if I want to do RT with 3080 or just go with 6800 or 6950

4. Sadly as I buy it during beginning covid year, its the one with price quite okay here at that time, so I buy it.. i'll just plug that PSU to the current build, rather than it collecting dust on my shelf

5. I'll look on some youtube comparison for the competitive games, but so far my heart is leaning to DDR4

26 minutes ago, deadlou666 said:

I'd say the extra 300 will help alot 

B660 will be perfectly fine

Ddr4 because otherwise you'd be really over your budget 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, vlixpw said:

Specific IDR? Which province youre on? Are you going to go online or just go into a computer store and eat the shipping cost and store markup?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

4 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Specific IDR? Which province youre on? Are you going to go online or just go into a computer store and eat the shipping cost and store markup?

I'm on Banten/Jakarta area, will go to store in Mangga Dua area as I still like to see my pc getting build hahaa..

Online shop have better shipping cost and lower markup?

Link for the simulation in IDR https://www.enterkomputer.com/simulasi/preview/JIUUMD6P

22 minutes ago, vlixpw said:

Ah, to RT or no RT 😄 i mean, RT is good to look at, but don't think my budget will be able to pump exquisite RT to be on awe. never looked at amd vga before as all my past build always using nvidia, but i'll contemplate more whether if I want to do RT with 3080 or just go with 6800 or 6950

I mean the GPUs we are talking about are all quite RT capable when FSR/DLSS are turned on, but speaking from experience, it's not that great. I'd rather have more fps than some reflections or shadows that I barely notice unless I really try to.

There's no shame in going for Nvidia, but if value is everything to you, AMD provides better value.

Also, if you dare, go for used GPUs, much much better value, high risk high reward.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

2 minutes ago, Dukesilver27- said:

I mean the GPUs we are talking about are all quite RT capable when FSR/DLSS are turned on, but speaking from experience, it's not that great. I'd rather have more fps than some reflections or shadows that I barely notice unless I really try to.

There's no shame in going for Nvidia, but if value is everything to you, AMD provides better value.

Also, if you dare, go for used GPUs, much much better value, high risk high reward.

hahaa agree, will check some amd gpu..

i'm not quite sure of used GPU in Indonesia, too many cases of people using it for mining and repackage it..

Just now, vlixpw said:

will go to store in Mangga Dua area

Yep, enkom masih the best untuk hal kek gitu.

Pop Air harganya lebih rendah dari Meshify Compact dan punya full compat untuk ATX. Opsi airflow juga mirip karena panjang case dan kompatibilitas untuk kipasnya sama. Pindah ke AMD Ryzen karena harga platform lebih masuk akal kalau kita ke DDR5 juga, keuntungan harga DDR4 lebih murah jadi gaada karena itu salah satu kenapa LGA1700 bisa murah banget terutama untuk mid end sub 20jt. Gw juga rekomen pindah ke Odyssey G5, tapi monitor itu perlu cukup banyak tweaking biar akurat warnanya sama kejernihan gambarnya mirip, dan cuma beda 400rb.

https://www.enterkomputer.com/simulasi/preview/DOMU39Q0

Cek simulasi ini.

Spoiler

Im not the best in Indonesian.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

40 minutes ago, vlixpw said:

I'm more on green team guy,

if u wanna stay team green than the 4070 ti should be the same price as the 7900 xt

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

11 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Yep, enkom masih the best untuk hal kek gitu.

Pop Air harganya lebih rendah dari Meshify Compact dan punya full compat untuk ATX. Opsi airflow juga mirip karena panjang case dan kompatibilitas untuk kipasnya sama. Pindah ke AMD Ryzen karena harga platform lebih masuk akal kalau kita ke DDR5 juga, keuntungan harga DDR4 lebih murah jadi gaada karena itu salah satu kenapa LGA1700 bisa murah banget terutama untuk mid end sub 20jt. Gw juga rekomen pindah ke Odyssey G5, tapi monitor itu perlu cukup banyak tweaking biar akurat warnanya sama kejernihan gambarnya mirip, dan cuma beda 400rb.

https://www.enterkomputer.com/simulasi/preview/DOMU39Q0

Cek simulasi ini.

Reveal hidden contents

Im not the best in Indonesian.

yep.. pop air looks interesting tho, maybe I'll switch to that 😄

ah, understood.. i'll keep in mind for the DDR5 amd cpu or DDR4 intel cpu

any guide for tweaking the G5?

btw just found out the availability of 4070ti in enkom is only MSI gaming trio, MSI ventus or Galax.. any experience on that?

also if you have any other store that maybe have 3080 on stock, do tell me hahaa, so hard to find it now

34 minutes ago, vlixpw said:

hahaa agree, will check some amd gpu..

i'm not quite sure of used GPU in Indonesia, too many cases of people using it for mining and repackage it..

Miners treat their gpus better than gamers cause alot of gamers suffocate their gpus by using garbage cases with no airflow, some smoke around their gpus, some let their gpus get clogged with dust, etc. Heck miners undervolt their gpus so they run cooler

So mining gpu > gamer gpu most of the time

Though with a max budget of 2500 (i assume 35jt rp?) You shouldnt need to go for a used gpu. But since it is the max budget whats the preffered budget then? (in IDR), i can give some references w tokopedia pricing.

5 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Miners treat their gpus better than gamers cause alot of gamers suffocate their gpus by using garbage cases with no airflow, some smoke around their gpus, some let their gpus get clogged with dust, etc. Heck miners undervolt their gpus so they run cooler

So mining gpu > gamer gpu most of the time

Though with a max budget of 2500 (i assume 35jt rp?) You shouldnt need to go for a used gpu. But since it is the max budget whats the preffered budget then? (in IDR), i can give some references w tokopedia pricing.

preferred budget will always be cheaper but similar value 😄

realistically tho, 30 mil rp maybe is a good point.. below that, I think it will hurts overall experience

12 minutes ago, vlixpw said:

preferred budget will always be cheaper but similar value 😄

realistically tho, 30 mil rp maybe is a good point.. below that, I think it will hurts overall experience

13600k (4.8jt) 13700k pricey af so went for a 13600k

N5 Z690 (3.1jt) seems to have pretty decent i/o for the price, even has wifi too if you happen to use wifi

32gb 8x4 samsung k4a8g085wb b die (980rb) someones selling 2133 bin samsung bdies, its pretty damn cheap too, dont worry about getting it up to the ideal 4000-4200 speeds i can offer assistance with that

AG620 (650rb) peerless assassin is overpriced but for some reason ag620 is a steal at only 650rb

Andyson 1200w px platinum (750rb) with the power of the used market heres an absolute steal of a psu

Kyo k7000 2tb (2.3jt) high end 2tb gen4 ssd for 2.3jt seems like a steal to me considering other ssds prices, and its unlikely to be dramless so dont worry about that. Branding doesnt matter in the ssd and ram space as the ics are made by the same few manufacturers

Rtx 3090 (9jt) obviously its mining but like i said before mining gpus > gamer gpus, theres also another one at 9.3jt if this ones unavailable

Cube gaming lich (465rb) theres actually tons of good mesh cases ranging from 300-900rb usually china or an indonesian brand like cube gaming but dont go over 900rb cause at that point you are just getting ripped off by them foreigners for basically nothing but useless branding in return. I just chose this one mostly as a reference since case is psonal choice with a budget like this

So thats 8jt underbudget and you are still going to get a top end gaming experience considering the 3090 has 24gb vram where the 7900xtx/4080 only has 16gb and the 4070ti having a pitifull 12gb so if you wish to play at 4k you can

Kenapa tidak beli di Mangga Dua bikin aja di rumah biar murah lah?

Lebih baik AMD daripada 4070Ti...Itu kaya jembatan setengah dibuat. Kuat untuk yang lama, tidak kuat untuk generasi ke depan, apalagi RAM yang kurang. Beli yang bekas kalau kamu dapat menemukan orang yang tidak bersikap pembohon kaya Sheik Puji dll. 😉

Cari case (gak tahu bhs indonya) yang murah, anginnya masuk dan keluar tanpa masuk angin (hihihi) 🤮🤑 dan tidak tajam di dalam biar ada lebih banyak duit untuk kemampuan PCnya.

Kalau aku, beli DDR4 aja. Nanti, beberapa tahun ke depan, beli DDR5 ketika sudah murah. 🙂 

PSU yang lama modelnya mana ya?

Kalau SSD, kebanyakan begitu cepat kamu tidak akan tahu bedanya, kecuali beli yang palsu dan kamu akan menangis. 😭 M.2 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 atau 4 gak apa2, bahkan SATA SSD baguslah. Terserah - mau menghematkan uang? 😁

Aku "bule burger" yang pernah tinggal di sana selama 15,5 tahun. Pernah masuk televisi...Pesbukers, Hitam Putih, Ini Talkshow, dll. Senang bertemu!

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂