GPU died during heavy tasking

Just Catu
Go to solution Solved by Vishera,
43 minutes ago, Just Catu said:

and want to know if anyone knows the reason why this might have died the way it did.

Died of old age...

This card is 8 years old so no surprise it died.

First of all, my specs are:

• Ryzen 5 3400g
  • B450M DS3H
  • 16 GB DDR4 Ram 2133 MHz (8x2)
  • R7 370 4GB dual fan (Have it since 2015-2016, i think)
  • 1TB HDD
  • AverMedia Live Gamer MINI (External)
  • EVGA 500 B1, 80+ BRONZE 500W

One day i was sharing a window in Discord, the window being Obs Preview while getting the output of my game capture card(for my PS4, since i don't have more than one monitor at the time) and then opened Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel (which for some reason is incredibly unoptimized and ends up hoarding everything resource it can find), my card acted up and made an awful sound, immediately i turned off the PC which stood frozen with a black screen and no response from the processing led on the case.

Restarted the PC to find that my video card gave no video output at all, made a reinstallation of Win 11, which gave me video output with the default drivers but when i installed the proper drivers for the video card, it turned black the screen, fans came to a stop eventually and the whole PC became frozen forcing me to force the shut down and enter in safe mode to uninstall the drivers.

Recently, i opened the Video card being careful of not damaging any component or making any shortcut, found no visual traces of short circuits or really any damage in the card itself, only thing i found was that the thermal paste was kinda old and dry, so i just replaced the thermal paste since i already opened it, sadly no changes to the behaviour.

I know at this point that i might have to change the Video card, even had thought to upgrade it to an RX 6600XT by the end of the year but this issue left me with a bad after taste and want to know if anyone knows the reason why this might have died the way it did.

In advance, thank you.

43 minutes ago, Just Catu said:

and want to know if anyone knows the reason why this might have died the way it did.

Died of old age...

This card is 8 years old so no surprise it died.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566