help with i9-13900k motherboard

will be purchasing a i9-13900k in the near future, was looking into what a good mobo to pair it with? looking to have DDR5, was curious of there was any really good deals going on right now maybe i could pick up today. i did search on google and the "best" mobo to use it with is like $1200, and i don't wanna spend that 

Why a 13900K?

What app will you be running to take advantage of that? 

2 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Why a 13900K?

What app will you be running to take advantage of that? 

old school runescape, that should be able to run the game efficiently at i'm hoping 27-29 fps.  so what motherboard would be the one to go with that?

8 hours ago, bobbybdennis said:

old school runescape, that should be able to run the game efficiently at i'm hoping 27-29 fps. 

Wait, on the igpu? Why not just G series APU on AM4? Itll be less taxing in wattage and its igpu is more capable than the 13900K.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

6 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

Wait, on the igpu? Why not just G series APU on AM4? Itll be less taxing in wattage and its igpu is more capable than the 13900K.

He wants what he wants, stop hounding him about it and help him pick a motherboard.

@ OP,  how much money are you wanting to spend? 

CPU:                       Motherboard:                Graphics:                                 Ram:                            Screen:

i9-13900KS   Asus z790 HERO      ASUS TUF 4090 OC    GSkill 7600 DDR5       ASUS 48" OLED 138hz

8 minutes ago, Shzzit said:

He wants what he wants, stop hounding him about it and help him pick a motherboard.

@ OP,  how much money are you wanting to spend? 

well im going to microcenter tmrw to buy everything , i was thinking between 300-500 ? 

29 minutes ago, Shzzit said:

stop hounding

I guess in 2023, saving money and buying hardware that fits the purpose better is now called hounding. Yes i know finance gurus are assholes but holy fuck.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

3 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

I guess in 2023, saving money and buying hardware that fits the purpose better is now called hounding. Yes i know finance gurus are assholes but holy fuck.

here's the thing, and i don't wanna come off as sounding pompous. I am in a very good financial area, i own my house my car is paid i have zero debt. I pay cash for everything I make a VERY good living in the nuclear world of IT. I haven't updated my PC in over 5 years and that PC will be going into my garage for my golf simulator i build last summer so i can have a dedicated system out there. So this new build i'm doing is going to be all out and will last me the next 5-7 years and i will probably do the same thing then.

Just now, MikadoWu said:

I purchased an ASrock TaiChi Z790 ($499) for my computer and a ASrock Steel Z790 ($300) for my daughters.  The ASrock is Feature loaded and compares to Asus and Gigabytes $800 boards.  That said, if you do not need Thunderbolt, then you can stay under the $500 mark.  All these boards are good.  Money generally just address Features.  Know what Features you want first.,  My TaiChi is Benchmarking just as fast at the $800 boards.

thank you for the insight, i'm probably gonna pick the brains of the microcenter guys as well they usually are pretty knowledgeable, as for thunderbolt, i can't realistically think of a reason i would need it but i'll definitely check out all the options.

1 hour ago, bobbybdennis said:

here's the thing, and i don't wanna come off as sounding pompous. I am in a very good financial area, i own my house my car is paid i have zero debt. I pay cash for everything I make a VERY good living in the nuclear world of IT. I haven't updated my PC in over 5 years and that PC will be going into my garage for my golf simulator i build last summer so i can have a dedicated system out there. So this new build i'm doing is going to be all out and will last me the next 5-7 years and i will probably do the same thing then.

Got it. I thought you just want to straight up just want to build a runescape machine on igpu only.

The Steel Legend lineup of LGA1700 motherboard by Asrock pretty much have everything you want and need from the Z series chips in connectivity and features, and it comes with decent VRM. The Livemixer lineup also comes out pretty solid but it is by all accounts insanely ugly and esoteric. If you want asus, the Prime series is very good this generation so take advantage of that while you can.

For the best board however, to me its 3 way tie between the MSI Edge Wifi, Taichi by Asrock, and Strix by Asus. Pick whichever fits your aesthetic. EVGA Kingpin is also very cool but its featureset is overkill for stock op.

12 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Got it. I thought you just want to straight up just want to build a runescape machine on igpu only.

The Steel Legend lineup of LGA1700 motherboard by Asrock pretty much have everything you want and need from the Z series chips in connectivity and features, and it comes with decent VRM. The Livemixer lineup also comes out pretty solid but it is by all accounts insanely ugly and esoteric. If you want asus, the Prime series is very good this generation so take advantage of that while you can.

For the best board however, to me its 3 way tie between the MSI Edge Wifi, Taichi by Asrock, and Strix by Asus. Pick whichever fits your aesthetic. EVGA Kingpin is also very cool but its featureset is overkill for stock op.

the runescape thing was a joke for the person asking what i could possibly be using that CPU for , i do appreciate your answer, i've head taichi now 4 times so i'm gonna look into that,. Thank you again.