tablet apps reccomendations for toddlers

GarytheGeek

i have a 2.5 year old son who loves solving problems and playing with cars and blocks. we are about to go on a long trip so i decided to get a samsung tablet and load it with fun puzzle games for him to play with during the trip. i downloaded a few to try out and all of them were terrible. they had some of the worst in your face micro transactions, predatory pay-to-unlock, or other in-app purchases i had ever seen. (seriously, the fact that they are doing this to kids this young is bad). so i am asking the community; what are some good tablet games for a 2 year old that does not have in-your-face pay wall. i am willing to pay a few buck up front to get the whole game if the app is worth it, but no in-app purchases.

i do not care if there are ads because the tablet will be offline whenever he is playing with it. so no ads.

Not to parent someone else's kid, but...

...maybe watch this first. Even if the tablet stays offline.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

When i was 2.5 years old i was playing Disney SEGA GENESIS games and other stuff suitable for toddlers.

You can install a GENESIS emulator on the tablet and load the tablet with games.

Games i recommend:

Disney's Aladdin (1994)

Disney's Pocahontas (1996)

Ecco Jr. (1995)

There are also the sonic games.

These old games are perfect - They are innocent and do what they are designed to do, no ulterior motives of MTX monetization or anything like that.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

17 minutes ago, LloydLynx said:

Not to parent someone else's kid, but...

...maybe watch this first. Even if the tablet stays offline.

i appreciate your concern. and also i fully agree with this video. we will not be using the tablet as a babysitter and he will not be on it all day either. he currently gets 1 hour of screen time a day, he decides when he can spend that time, and he usually doesn't use it all in one go. he gets bored after a while and goes back to playing with his toys. he usually watches construction trucks, garbage truck, or train compilations on the TV. games on this tablet will count towards that 1 hour max. the exception will be in June when my family and i will be traveling (flying) to europe. during the 16 hour flight we need to keep him occupied and the tablet will be one tool of many. we will also be bringing other toys, and lots of books. (he loves books) the tablet can also be used for him to listen to music on his bluetooth headphones. something he already does, except we play the music through our (my wife and i) phone.